Ay Up! I'm a military Paramedic applying to transfer to the ADF

Scousie"G"

Swinger
good afternoon,

just have a few queries if anyone has anything floating in their loaf! I'm currently a Sgt within the RAMC and have just completed the Military Paramedic Course and just sent EOI to ADF. To which they have replied;

"Your application is subject to confirmation of employment conducted by the Royal Australian Army Medical Corps (RAAMC) Trade Authority. The RAAMC Trade Authority has advised that registration through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with a minimum of Diploma in Enrolled Nursing is a mandatory requirement prior to employment within the ADF and RAAMC"

does this mean i have to study nursing in order to transfer?

to be honest as a medic i do not like being called Nurseypoo's lol this worries me! lol

any response would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Scousie G

Unlike the UK Aus still have and continue to train enrolled nurses, and I seem to remember reading in the employment training section that new entry medics will do the diploma as part of their training. So i guess if you don't already have a similar qual, they will be expecting you to get familiar with the pan room soon after your arrival.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I would stop with the "LOL's" if you want to be taken seriously.

i will stop with the Laugh out loud (LOL) comments also, will have to work on my defence writing for ARSE.
For some reason, the letters LOL when used in close proximity, to represent the act of Laughing Out Loud, irritates the hell out of some people.

Me included.

So it is with a great deal of relief that your cessation of using the abominable term is noted.

Anyway good luck with your endeavours and ..... Why not give the military attache staff at the Australian embassy in London a quick buzz and ask them? They are usually very helpful.

In fact when I was trying to get a visa from their bloody awful and obdurate automated immigration web site, to stop over in Australia last year, whilst en-route from the South Pacific to Singapore I had to give up. But a quick call to the military attache got it sorted in 5 mins.

Scousie"G"

Swinger
yes I'm in the process of registration, sent the forms off last week.

AMD launched the military paramedic over 18 months ago off the back of the advanced EMT course which was being run at keogh, funding was approved now there are 50 in training with cumbria uni and 15 whom have completed said course.

so the first fifteen are currently covering the strike action in LAS apart from me as I'm still waiting registration!

Scousie"G"

Swinger
Happy days, i will have to phone good old military 100 operators for the number!

its hard getting posted at the moment as we are so short on the ground (New Qual), still awaiting new employment model so life is up in the air.

thank you for your reply

does this mean i have to study nursing in order to transfer?
any response would be greatly appreciated

Don't know about the UK these days but in Australia they are pretty good with RPL or recognition of prior learning. You might be able to shortcut the process by using some prior experience.

https://www.anmfsa.org.au/learning/courses/rpl-information-for-all-programs/

RPL information for all programs
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you have ever said “I’ve been doing this for ages; I just need the bit of paper”, then recognition could be for you.
Everyone is entitled to an opportunity to have their skills and knowledge recognised through a recognition of prior learning (RPL) process in order to gain formal qualifications.
All nationally recognised qualifications in Australia are based on demonstrating competence against set criteria. The assessment process is designed to assess evidence of the learning that has occurred, in order to ensure that the requirements of the course or qualification you are seeking recognition in, have been evidenced.
The purpose of this information is to assist you in determining if you may be a candidate for recognition and in addition, to help you compile a portfolio of evidence in order to undertake a recognition assessment.
See here for RPL costs details
See ANMEC Guide to recognitionfor more information.

For some reason, the letters LOL when used in close proximity, to represent the act of Laughing Out Loud, irritates the hell out of some people.

Me included.

So it is with a great deal of relief that your cessation of using the abominable term is noted.

Anyway good luck with your endeavours and ..... Why not give the military attache staff at the Australian embassy in London a quick buzz and ask them? They are usually very helpful.

In fact when I was trying to get a visa from their bloody awful and obdurate automated immigration web site, to stop over in Australia last year, whilst en-route from the South Pacific to Singapore I had to give up. But a quick call to the military attache got it sorted in 5 mins.
Be careful how you phrase that.jpg

Each State in Australia has its own rules, for Example qualified ex RAMC paramedic were being used as instructors in NSW Ambulance, but their British Qualifications are not recognised in Queensland!!

Well worth the Army sending you to university to do the paramedic course then. You haven't even registered and already want to leave!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Well worth the Army sending you to university to do the paramedic course then. You haven't even registered and already want to leave!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Good point, hadnt thought of that! Twat!:)

Last edited:

Scousie"G"

Swinger
Thanks for your reply buddy, see where it goes just contacted the national health board for some advice regarding what i need to complete to register over.

yes I'm in the process of registration, sent the forms off last week.

AMD launched the military paramedic over 18 months ago off the back of the advanced EMT course which was being run at keogh, funding was approved now there are 50 in training with cumbria uni and 15 whom have completed said course.

so the first fifteen are currently covering the strike action in LAS apart from me as I'm still waiting registration!

Good effort getting something out of the AMS and good luck with the registration and potential migration

Latest Threads