AWS

B

Biscuits_AB

Speak to anyone in the SIB below WO2. They've all considered it/in the process of doing it/know someone who's done it.

Those who haven't are considering Australia.

Army Welfare Services. Usually take Sgts and above, but will consider Cpls pre selected for promotion (or it was last time I looked).

I support the comments made by Biscuits!

SIB = Almost extinct See Australian Army!

Milkybar, did you find what you were looking for? I too am looking to transfer to AWS. If you do have anything of interest I would like to know.

Cheers

B

Biscuits_AB

Sapper, find out where your local AWS Office is and give them a call. Definately in most major Garrisons. Most if not all are transferees so they'll be able to tell you precisely what you need to be doing. I wouldn't take any 3rd party advice on it.

Feedback from a few ex colleagues who transferred suggests that it's probably the best move you'll make.

PM me i have the POC and EM address for the Admin Manager Mrs Brownhill

If you have access to DII try the Army Portal, AG Corps website, all the addresses and telephone numbers are are in there.

B

Biscuits_AB

Bigt116 said:
PS It's Army Welfare Service, NOT Services. Small point, but if you want to transfer, I think it would be better to have the correct title. (AGC(AWS))
Oooooo....get her.

Given that in my day the only qualification for AWS(s) was a hip spread sufficient to cause a total eclipse at mid-day in the Sahara Desert does Bigt stand for an upper thorax that it a gift from god?

B

Biscuits_AB

Actually nowadays, there are some mildly attractive women all below size 16 working for AWS.

And there was me thinking you were talking about boys!