AWOL wikipedia entry

Is there a collective wisdom which should be captured for this page: AWOL - ARRSEpedia

I am happy to make the changes if someone can suggest some useful content.

I would imagine that the advice is along the lines of 'man up and hand yourself in'. What can people expect?

msr

Is there a collective wisdom which should be captured for this page: AWOL - ARRSEpedia

I am happy to make the changes if someone can suggest some useful content.

I would imagine that the advice is along the lines of 'man up and hand yourself in'. What can people expect?

msr
When I am back up and running, I will put something together for you. In the meantime, I would suggest picking B&T's meagre brains if he hasn't made them into lime jelly.

Is it technically AWL; AWOL being from the movies / US? Similar to us Brits using PW instead of POW for prisoner of war.

Or do we just say absent? Sure I've seen that on some official looking paperwork before.

Get your arse back to your unit and hand yourself in, it goes a lot further than you think. You will at worst do a day for a day in nick (first offence at unit's discretion and all that). Do six months normal routine then sign off. Hopefully your unit will understand your situation and not, if getting ready for ops, deploy you. Then do the rest of your time and get out.
Can you take that bit out for the time being please? I don't know who told you that, but it's cock.

Done.

msr

Cheers ears, I will think up something definitive when Filbert stops giving me mind altering drugs, and I have some books to hand. Not saying that I am the expert on AWOL, but hot dinners, jail and Kingos must spring to mind.......

The wiki is always work in progress.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
claymore Current Affairs, News and Analysis 18
E The Intelligence Cell 30
Forces_Sweetheart Infantry 17