AWOL wikipedia entry

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by msr, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Is there a collective wisdom which should be captured for this page: AWOL - ARRSEpedia

I am happy to make the changes if someone can suggest some useful content.

I would imagine that the advice is along the lines of 'man up and hand yourself in'. What can people expect?

msr

2. When I am back up and running, I will put something together for you. In the meantime, I would suggest picking B&T's meagre brains if he hasn't made them into lime jelly.

3. You could add, not to be confused with AOL, usually Adj and CO types announcing hols on orders.

4. Is it technically AWL; AWOL being from the movies / US? Similar to us Brits using PW instead of POW for prisoner of war.

Or do we just say absent? Sure I've seen that on some official looking paperwork before.

5. Please publish the details of the SSAFA AWOL SUPPORT LINE; Tel; 01380 738137 and a connection to the SSAFA website.

Thank you.

DB

6. Can you take that bit out for the time being please? I don't know who told you that, but it's cock.

7. msr

msr LE

Done.

msr

8. Cheers ears, I will think up something definitive when Filbert stops giving me mind altering drugs, and I have some books to hand. Not saying that I am the expert on AWOL, but hot dinners, jail and Kingos must spring to mind.......

9. msr

msr LE

The wiki is always work in progress.