AWOL help please...........

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Lisax, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...........hiya, i think a few of you may 'know' (and hate) my partner who comes on here, his username is Blueface.

He went AWOL a few weeks after his passing out parade almost 5years ago...

anyway on Friday he was arrested for drink driving and he was kept in custody until yesterday becuase he is AWOL, he got bail at court then he was arrested by the army and taken straight to Catterick...

his bail is until thursday when he has to be back in court to recieve his ban and fine etc....i presume that the army will bring him back all the way from Catterick to Manchester for the court appearance or do you think it would be adjourned until their sentence for him is over? It seems a bit crazy for the army doing three 2.5hr journeys in one week!

Also does anyone have any ides of his sentence from the army? One of the security guards at the court was a military policeman, he showed us his card but he was full of sh*t to be honest, every time you spoke to him you got different answers! I was also wondering about the procedures the army will take, he probably arriaved at Catterick at about 3pm yesterday, does anyone have any idea about when they will give him his sentence etc.....

One last thing when do you think he could get a phonecall? Me and his mum we're hoping to have heard from him by now!

Sorry for all the questions, many thanks.......................

2. The Army will not be terribly worried about the expense incurred in convicting him.

Potentially, he'll get time in MCTC but, if he's going to be dd'd may be sent to a civilian prison instead.

Re: phone call, no idea. He'd better get ready for a spanking.

"Pour encourager les autres..."

3. sorry what does dd'd mean?

Thanks!

4. Errr....Drink Driving!

5. Drink Driving.

6. Drink Driving.

7. Ahhh thanks so it may be a ban, fine and some time on Thursday?

8. Dishonourable Discharge!

9. I personally have no idea, but for drink driving and going awol I hope he's not let off with a slap on the wrist. Get a grip of your man.

10. God knows how the Magestrate will be able to deceide on his sentence in a 'normal' prison though, he was clueless about the army law, he didnt even know if he should give him bail or not for the DD! I thought they might have had a week studying it at uni just in case!

11. Oxygen thief Blueface Hmm

12. Thanks everyone who was helpful!!!

I suppose i will just have to wait and see what happens!

13. I think that it's fair to assume that there's going to be some serious time for him followed by a dishonourable discharge from the Army.

14. You seem like a nice enough, normal enough lass - what on earth are you doing with a penis like him?

15. I don't mean to be rude but i'm not on here to defend my relationship, after the weekend i've had it's the last thing i need!!!

Could anyone define 'serious time'?

I've heard they could just chuck him out, 6 months, 1 year, 4 years!

I would just like an idea of what to expect! I may just keep 4 years in my mind and anything less can be a bonus!