AWOL for a week ???

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by spacemonkeynick, May 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anybody could help me in a likely outcome for myself going awol for 1week. i am due to go to kenya next week for 7 and a half weeks, then come back and do 1 week OpOlympic training to the go to olympics till mid september.

Basically if i was to say im going awol for a week after kenya or even book leave for a week instead of getting sent straight to the olympics. Any constructive help will be appreciated. cheers.

2. Why don't you just book a weeks leave?

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Don't actually say you are going to go AWOL for a week, its traditional not to inform people beforehand.

No need to thank me....

Alternatively, go speak to someone about your problems.

4. Well if you go AWOL for a week, you will probably get banged up for 28 days during which time, you will double around the camp with no bootlaces in your boots and spend a lot of time bulling anything and everything.

At least, that's what would have happened when I was in. It can't have changed that much?

5. They're letting you see the olympics for free? I can't even afford to take my family down there it's so expensive.
    Ungrateful cnut.

6. So off to sunny kenya & then saving london2012 from attacks, your living the dream, whats up?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Flog yourself over the end of your cock with a wet bootlace. In front of your OC for best results. Trust me, you know it makes sense.

8. I bet he's a tech

9. You sound like a loser, **** it go awol now and jump off a bridge, save everyones time and money! nuf said!

10. Tag on with a bunch of crusties and say your a conscientious objector and get yourself up to the nuts in Crustie slapper guts all day every day.

11. Personal opinion: many people would give their right arm for these sort of opportunities while being paid. You seem to want to avoid them.

So, you are planning to go AWOL. You have perhaps realised that it will **** up many of your mates in the unit. They will have to soak up a bit more time because you are not there to do it. Those responsible for managing you in the chain of command will have to spend extra hours re-doing duty lists etc. Those who had thought they would be on duty at one time will be fucked about to cover your absence. Their wives/girlfriends will be disappointed by the changes in what they had thought would be a settled plan. Their kids (those that have them) will have to make do with being fucked about, although many of them will be too young to understand.

Meanwhile you have done this as a planned/premeditated thing. Let me ask you this: how do you think it will be received: by your chain of command ... by your mates (although they may not be mates much longer).

If you want leave then see someone about booking it. If there is a specific reason why you need to be away for a psrticular event (wedding ... funeral ...) then no doubt those in the chain of command will try to see if they can help.

But if you ignore the CoC, and ignore the effect that your own selfish acts have on your comrades then what the **** do you think will happen?

(And if I've been wah'd then fair cop!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. However, on the plus side, you get issued 2 free cigarettes a day.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Must be horrible for non-smokers, I'd probably pewk.......

14. Don't get involved. If you've got a bird maybe she could help sort it? Some of them have a nice touch at that sort of thing.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/military-discipline/158382-please-help-dispensation-disciplinary-action.html

15. They are you on this earth!!!!!