Awful happenings in Sri Lanka

...with more elephants - and no L& P
And Chocolate Fish (fush).

But in all seriousness, it is a lovely place and my thoughts genuinely go out.

Sri Lanka should pay more attention to the Indian intel agencies, while they might not have had the best of relationships in the past, the Indian intel people do have more muscle in the region. Again, just like with any intel its sort of hit or miss, but at least needs to be taken into consideration and acted upon.

Something my own country neglected to do with 9/11 and a few others because of politics and fiefdom battles between the FBI and CIA.

Good to see the Sri Lankans are also banning the Burka following these devastating attacks by Muslims which included at least one female suicide bomber:

Sri Lanka president to ban face veil after deadly attacks, raid

It's a shame these preventative measures are usually only taken after such attacks.
... and that, unless I'm mistaken, all the attackers on Easter Sunday were male, so all this will do is antagonise the Muslim population and provide another potential cause celebre for those making the narrative of being oppressed and discriminated against.

... and that, unless I'm mistaken, all the attackers on Easter Sunday were male, so all this will do is antagonise the Muslim population and provide another potential cause celebre for those making the narrative of being oppressed and discriminated against.
That would be right - it's all our fault eh?

If Muslims are killing hundreds and injuring thousand of people in the name of their religion, then is it any wonder they should be oppressed and discriminated against?

Last edited:
No, its not all right, but a measure like that, which is populist but otherwise meaningless in a positive manner, serves no good.
Preventing potential mass murderers from hiding their identity is 'meaningless'?

It served us very well in Northern Ireland in preventing attacks.

It is such pandering to them that facilitates such attacks.

If I am not mistaken, in her own home.
Was she wearing a burkha and in disguise?
I will admit though, she was obviously radicalised.
Who cares where she launched her suicide attack on them from, given she was a dedicated Muslim willing to kill herself and her unborn child in the name of her religion then I’d guesstimate she probably was wearing it, and if not actually in the house then most certainly travelling from and to it in support of other attackers

They’re not not banning face coverings out of spite you know - hiding ones identity is a real threat in any security situation, even here in the UK.

Last edited:
Good to see the Sri Lankans are also banning the Burka following these devastating attacks by Muslims which included at least one female suicide bomber:

Sri Lanka president to ban face veil after deadly attacks, raid

It's a shame these preventative measures are usually only taken after such attacks.
This is going to be a bit confusing for you:
According to news outlet India Today, the All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama, an organisation of Muslim clerics in Sri Lanka, had also asked women to avoid wearing face coverings.

Chadian prez banned face covering a year or so back. Seems to have put the brakes on BH wiring kids into S-vests and sending them into the markets.

And back to the original point of the post.
Seems like Dianne Abbott went over and did the body count
BBC Lower Death Count

Still a hell of a lot, though.
Happens in a lot of major mass casualty/mass fatality incidents. I know a couple of people in the US who have served on D-MORT teams and much of the team's planning is designed to prevent this but they acknowledge it does happen. Bit of bloody jigsaw puzzles get separated and one individual is counted in two morgues where various pieces are located.
Note: I admire the people who volunteer for D-MORT teams but I could not do it myself.