Awful happenings in Sri Lanka

For anyone who is still confused after yet another terror attack carried out by you know who, following the teachings of the you know what, then I highly recommend that you watch the following videos.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Theres quote a few mobs in that vacinity - look what India has to put up with. Look further east and you've problems in Thailand and the Phillipines. You really are dealing with the Hydra.
Best get S.H.I.E.L.D. on the case then.

Best get S.H.I.E.L.D. on the case then.
I was very tempted to call him a Nick Fury Walt, but given the nature of this thread, thought I'd better restrain myself.

Also, the British version of SHIELD was STRIKE*

*Fitted for, but not with, Heli-Carriers;)

Just wonder if this had happened here what the reaction would be? is there a feeling here that our security services, plod and of course we have 'them' make us more or less safe? BTW does it look like the attackers in Sri Lanka used military or commercial grade explosives and not something someone had knocked up in their kitchen?

We've been lucky up til now thanks to the sterling efforts of the security services.
However even they can only do so much. All it takes is one nutter to slip through the net and there's quite a few nutters.

Just wonder if this had happened here what the reaction would be? is there a feeling here that our security services, plod and of course we have 'them' make us more or less safe? BTW does it look like the attackers in Sri Lanka used military or commercial grade explosives and not something someone had knocked up in their kitchen?
How are you going to neutralize suspected suicide bombers when most of the police are unarmed? After a spate of suicide bombings the procedure here was changed to aiming for the head, since the centre mass is most likely where the IED is and the objective is neutralize neutralize neutralize ASAP.
The truth is though that intel is the most significant component for preventing attacks like these. It seems the Sri Lankan authorities did jack shit with the intel they were given.

When there's no other option left, there is a method for an unarmed person to tackle an individual suspected of being a suicide bomber. Obviously the primary threat is they might manage to activate their IED so how do you make them let go of the switch? You steal up behind them, ram your shoulder/upper back into their buttocks / lower back while simultaneously grabbing them around the legs and yanking them backward. This causes the individual to fall forward and let go of whatever they're holding as they instinctively raise their hands to break the fall.
Hopefully the TATP or detonators are not toooooo unstable.

Last edited:
You steal up behind them, ram your shoulder/upper back into their buttocks / lower back while simultaneously grabbing them around the legs and yanking them backward. This causes the individual to fall forward and let go of whatever they're holding as they instinctively raise their hands to break the fall.
Hopefully the TATP or detonators are not toooooo unstable.
I can’t see too many people putting that particular method to the test!

We've been lucky up til now thanks to the sterling efforts of the security services.
However even they can only do so much. All it takes is one nutter to slip through the net and there's quite a few nutters.
I mostly agree, however generally they are not 'nutters', they are merely very dedicated Muslims who are prepared to kill and die for their religion.

A Sri Lankan spokesman has stated that all of the suicide bombers were middle and upper middle class. Well educated and financially stable. One of them being a factory owner.

How are you going to neutralize suspected suicide bombers when most of the police are unarmed? .
You cannot. It's too late by then. We discover today that many are of hitherto unsuspecting disparate backgrounds, including well educated middle to "upper" class, one being a factory owning businessman. In short, a perfect example of camouflage in plain sight. Just "people going about their business". Everyday folk carrying stuff as we all do. It all adds another very grave facet to the mindsets of suicidal & murderous fundamentallists.

The best we can hope for is the continued efforts of the various intelligence sources doing what they do now, only more. It is reported over the last 24 hours that their activities were not sufficiently brought to the attention of those who could take them out...by whatever means. How does it work to defuse both individuals & what they carry when they walk within feet of the very people they are aiming to kill without triggering the event prematurely? And who is going to risk ending up as minced beef in the process?

Let's see how long it takes for a tit-for tat strike in mosques..anywhere & any time. Or for that matter, those responsible for these attacks to carry on and complete their missions. The ones not being scraped off the walls obviously.

In my opinion, contra attacks are going to be with "us" for potentially decades to come.

The examples you give are the true Muslims, they are following Islam as intended. The other 99% thankfully, are just half-hearted fans of the religion.

The danger we face now is that Islam is everywhere and all around us and all it takes as has been proven time and time again is one or more Muslims taking their religion more seriously and then they turn on us and attack and the death toll, the casualties, the heartache and suffering all happens as intended in the name of their religion.

All of the above is facilitated and somehow deemed beyond being challenged by Lefty’s who berate those of us who can see Islam for what it is, and who provide it a cloak in the form of a race card that they pull on anyone who questions the atrocities committed by Muslims in the name of their religion.

You only have to look at this attack in Sri Lanka - where an Imam (the equivalent of a priest) is preparing and blessing fellow Muslims before they go on their mission to slaughter Christians in the name of Islam. I mean there is no religion like it on Earth that conducts slaughter against others in such a manner:

View attachment 389259
/\ These are the devout Muslims who slaughtered over 300 Christians and maimed thousands in the name of Islam. They have shattered bones, broken hearts, destroyed families and caused so much suffering to others - so much suffering.

Just imagine if priests from the Christian or Bhuddist or any other religion were behaving like this - the religion would be torn apart. Seriosuly - what other religion anywhere could get away with it's practicioners (Priests, Pujaris or Bhikkhus) organising death squads to attack followers of other religions without coming under massive global condemnation of that religion, other than Islam and it's Imams?

Yet we are still criticised by ignorant Lefty's for challenging the religion behind all of these attacks that are conducted in the name of Islam.
Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims?

I mostly agree, however generally they are not 'nutters', they are merely very dedicated Muslims who are prepared to kill and die for their religion.
It's almost as if they are following some sort of guide book.

Edit.... Despite the horrendous death toll, this seems to have dropped off the news-worthy-index already. How is this any less tragic, or indeed fundamentally different, to the New Zealand atrocity, which is still being agonised over by the media?