Awful happenings in Sri Lanka

The official cause seems to be an electrical fault, though quite how you can tell that when everything is burnt and all over the place including the wiring (which will have shorted out when the insulation melted during the fire), I don't know
Luckily there are people whose job it is to investigate this sort of thing and they are very good at it.

No, it has to be islamic terrorism because the terrorists were islamic extremists.

I wonder why some people are so desperate to pretend otherwise?
Nobody is.
Some people are desperate to pretend otherwise, but it just doesn't happen, not on ARRSE, anyway.

Yet oddly silence from you over the mosque attacks and the killing by one of your own lot by another one in Londonderry.
That was done by good old white, Christian terrorists.
Which is OK by him, obviously.

Back during the Vietnam war there were a number of suicide self-cremations as protests.
It was suicide for a political goal which is close.

edited to add, I know many on here are too young to remember Vietnam.
And Jan Palach.

Do you ladies want to take your slapfest to a different thread? This is quite a serious matter, you know.
It's a fundamental discussion.
Far too many people gleefully state with utter certainty that an outrage has been carried out by Islamists.
We are all aware that this is the most likely excuse, but the gleeful rush to blame with utter certainty is quite nauseating
Have a look at the posts by RoyalGreenJacket aka Tavor aka SidSmith et al for a textbook example of monomania.

Does it make you feel good? Has it actually made your day? Do you get a funny, tingling feeling every time something like this happens?

Alternatively, do you get a feeling of depression when it turns out it wasn't Muslims? You generally jump in quick and then disappear when it doesn't fit your narrative.

Well done you.
No, but generally if they attack like Muslims and kill like Muslims, then despite the best efforts by those in denial, it usually turns out to be Muslims.

Yet again, those from the 'Religion of Peace' have destroyed so many lives in the name of their religion, yet it's still a very bitter pill for some to swallow, as much of the manner of condemnation of these attacks by some key individuals has shown, compared to their condemnation of the NZ attacks.

No, they do not.
Islam is unique in allowing paedophilia, rape, murder and a heap of other things that sensible humans deem wicked.
@Bravo_Bravo You gave the above and 'old', despite it being true. As you appear to be dense (as well as tour-dodging), let me explain something to you about Islam.

1. 'Islam' doesn't mean 'peace' as some idiots would tell: it means 'submission' i.e. everyone in the world (except Jews) must submit to the word of the Koran. What about the Jews? Easy: they must be slaughtered to the last baby.

2. Islam claims that Mohammed the Prophet was the perfect man. i.e. he did no wrong and if a Muslim emulates his example he will go to heaven. Mohammed is on record as being a liar, a nonce (in fairness it wasn't that uncommon among European royalty in the middle-ages either), a murderer, a warlord, a slave owner and all-round mass-murdering twat.

3. Islam claims that the Koran was dictated to an illiterate goat-fücker/failed warlord by the Archangel Gabriel over a period of years. Quite why the Almighty and Omnipotent Creator of All Things should choose such a method of delivery is truly ineffable.

4. Islam claims that the Koran is the last Revelation of God and was communicated perfectly (in Arabic only) to Mohammed. Thus any attempt to change even a full-stop or comma is an obscene crime against the Almighty to be punished by death. Thus Islam cannot be reformed.

Thus, a 'good Muslim' thinks it is fine to take several wives, to throw homosexuals from the nearest rooftop, to stone women to death for being raped, to lie to anyone not a Muslim, that women are chattel and worth less than 1/2 a man, to kill anyone who isn't a Muslim who refuses to become a Muslim, and that killing Jews is a fine hobby worthy of all upstanding members of the community.

Likewise, any Muslim who is prepared to live in a different society and integrate (without having the long-term plan of destroying that society) is a bad Muslim. Any Muslim who is prepared to live alongside Jews and atheists and other religions is a bad Muslim, etc.

The name Zahran Hashim is being circulated by CNN, Jerusalem Post and other "right wing" media, as one of the suicide bombers responsible for the Shangri La Hotel bomb + Some recent photo evidence of him doing some recon on one of the churches?
A nasty piece of work, describing himself as an Imam and Lecturer for National Tawheed Jamaath a quick google/youtube search will show you what he stands for.
Apparently, he wanted to attack the Indian High Commission in Columbo, due for April 4th, but was thwarted....god only knows what the Sri Lankan security people must have been thinking leaving this guy at large, if this is all true?

An Al Jazeera journo has accused those who started to circulate Hashim's name as being Islamaphobic.

The name Zahran Hashim is being circulated by CNN, Jerusalem Post and other "right wing" media, as one of the suicide bombers
A nasty piece of work.
Shame he didn’t detonate well away from all those poor, innocent folk he took with him.
I don’t personally believe in sky pixies or the afterlife, but if there is any justice, he is now facing an eternity of despair, damnation and excruciating pain.

@Bravo_Bravo You gave the above and 'old', despite it being true. As you appear to be dense (as well as tour-dodging), let me explain something to you about Islam.

1. 'Islam' doesn't mean 'peace' as some idiots would tell: it means 'submission' i.e. everyone in the world (except Jews) must submit to the word of the Koran. What about the Jews? Easy: they must be slaughtered to the last baby.

2. Islam claims that Mohammed the Prophet was the perfect man. i.e. he did no wrong and if a Muslim emulates his example he will go to heaven. Mohammed is on record as being a liar, a nonce (in fairness it wasn't that uncommon among European royalty in the middle-ages either), a murderer, a warlord, a slave owner and all-round mass-murdering twat.

3. Islam claims that the Koran was dictated to an illiterate goat-fücker/failed warlord by the Archangel Gabriel over a period of years. Quite why the Almighty and Omnipotent Creator of All Things should choose such a method of delivery is truly ineffable.

4. Islam claims that the Koran is the last Revelation of God and was communicated perfectly (in Arabic only) to Mohammed. Thus any attempt to change even a full-stop or comma is an obscene crime against the Almighty to be punished by death. Thus Islam cannot be reformed.

Thus, a 'good Muslim' thinks it is fine to take several wives, to throw homosexuals from the nearest rooftop, to stone women to death for being raped, to lie to anyone not a Muslim, that women are chattel and worth less than 1/2 a man, to kill anyone who isn't a Muslim who refuses to become a Muslim, and that killing Jews is a fine hobby worthy of all upstanding members of the community.

Likewise, any Muslim who is prepared to live in a different society and integrate (without having the long-term plan of destroying that society) is a bad Muslim. Any Muslim who is prepared to live alongside Jews and atheists and other religions is a bad Muslim, etc.
My bold.
Not a great difference from the burning bush up the mountain tossing old Mo a couple of stone tablets with a bit of squiggling on them.
That appears to be the formation of the Bible, and the rules certain individuals wish to have people live by.

My bold.
Not a great difference from the burning bush up the mountain tossing old Mo a couple of stone tablets with a bit of squiggling on them.
That appears to be the formation of the Bible, and the rules certain individuals wish to have people live by.
Except that neither the Torah or the Old and New Testaments make claim to be the perfect and unalterable word of God.

Except that neither the Torah or the Old and New Testaments make claim to be the perfect and unalterable word of God
That tiny, 3 letter word is at the root of most of the insanity in this world - now and for centuries before.
There are many good people in this world who follow their own particular God, but they are completely trumped by the extreme minorities and their warped interpretation of what it means to follow their own deity. Insanity.

Except that neither the Torah or the Old and New Testaments make claim to be the perfect and unalterable word of God.
So it is all made up then by imperfect humans who seem to think that they have a direct line to the almighty and are his right hand, so to speak.
Then again the word does change, sometimes dramatically, depending on which flavour of pixie that you subscribe to.

I do know this - if Christians had of attacked Muslims in such a manner which was designed to murder and maim as many as possible during their equivalent holy event of Ramadan the World would be in meltdown mode with every World Leader virtue signalling their condemnation of such a hard hitting deliberate attack and every Lefty Snowflake like Bravo_Bravo would be a puddle of p|ss on the floor right now.

However Muslims have targeted Christians exactly like this during Easter and notable key individuals are still afraid to call it out for what it is and are pussy footing around with words - reluctant to state the victims are Christians and avoiding at all costs to mention the fact the attackers are Muslims, yet when an evil individual murders innocent Muslims in NZ 'white supremicism' is blatantly called out as the motive behind the attacks and the NZ PM virtually converts to Islam in virtue signalling sympathy and expects every girl to don a head-scarf in solidarity with the victims and every man and his dog including Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton are falling over themselves trying to get the right buzzwords out there pointing out the victims are all Muslims.

How different tragic events are portrayed, when it's Muslims doing the killing and Christians are the victims, in a series of attacks on a much larger scale than any equivalent anywhere.

Hes one of many social and intellectual inadequates who gets bizarrely annoyed by people hes never met, who have a point of view that differs from his.
@Simmerit is another, but he has to his credit admitted to having a drink problem.
I'm sure they're not total choppers in real life though.
Probably.
He is a fearsome keyboard warrior, regardless.
I have an admitted drink problem which I am dealing with but not sure why I would judge people based on what they post. Sure, you can have a discourse or a debate but not insult them open heartedly! Yes, when I was wasted I did do it once or twice, but I am a grown adult who tries to watch what he says or does.

I do know this - if Christians had of attacked Muslims in such a manner which was designed to murder and maim as many as possible during their equivalent holy event of Ramadan the World would be in meltdown mode with every World Leader virtue signalling their condemnation of such a hard hitting deliberate attack and every Lefty Snowflake like Bravo_Bravo would be a puddle of p|ss on the floor right now.

However Muslims have targeted Christians exactly like this during Easter and notable key individuals are still afraid to call it out for what it is and are pussy footing around with words - reluctant to state the victims are Christians and avoiding at all costs to mention the fact the attackers are Muslims, yet when an evil individual murders innocent Muslims in NZ 'white supremicism' is blatantly called out as the motive behind the attacks and the NZ PM virtually converts to Islam in virtue signalling sympathy and expects every girl to don a head-scarf in solidarity with the victims and every man and his dog including Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton are falling over themselves trying to get the right buzzwords out there pointing out the victims are all Muslims.

How different tragic events are portrayed, when it's Muslims doing the killing and Christians are the victims, in a series of attacks on a much larger scale than any equivalent anywhere.
Hmmm..............you have a couple of reasonable points in that post, but still....................Hmmmm.

It's a fundamental discussion.
Far too many people gleefully state with utter certainty that an outrage has been carried out by Islamists.
We are all aware that this is the most likely excuse, but the gleeful rush to blame with utter certainty is quite nauseating
Have a look at the posts by RoyalGreenJacket aka Tavor aka SidSmith et al for a textbook example of monomania.
Mate you've been having the exact same argument since 2001. Don't you think it's time to concede that you'll never agree with each other and move onto topics which don't bore the living c**p out of everyone else?

Sri Lanka detains Syrian in investigation of blasts; toll rises to 321 - Reuters
40 arrested to date, including a Syrian national who was arrested after the initial interviews with the locals arrested. Death toll so far is 321:
Police said the number of people arrested since Sunday had risen to 40, most of them Sri Lankans. The investigation of those detainees had led to the Syrian, three government and military sources told Reuters.

“He was arrested after the interrogation of local suspects,” one of the sources said.

Sri Lanka detains Syrian in investigation of blasts; toll rises to 321 - Reuters
40 arrested to date, including a Syrian national who was arrested after the initial interviews with the locals arrested. Death toll so far is 321:
The MO of the local jihadist group (NTJ) had previously been restricted to smashing up Buddha’s with a hammer or similar. How does that sort of action escalate to co-ordinated bombings across multiple locations, resulting in multiple casualties including over 300 dead (and still rising)?
Outside help from a determined, brutal terrorist organisation, that’s how. This has IS fingerprints all over it.