Awards

For those that appreciate the humour.
Today is my 40th wedding anniversary and was treated to a sunday lunch by my kids/partners/grandchildren.
Prior to everything getting under way my long suffering other half presented me with this.
1575225188091.png

She's fishing for an Elizabeth Cross.

Congratulations, or commiserations: your call.

I used to work for a large insurance company and at one point we had three women working for us called Victoria Cross, all in different offices. Personally I'd have shot the parents.

A neighbouring insurance company had a George Cross working for them on the phones, but he got his as an add on in the traditional way.

NSP

LE
I used to work for a large insurance company and at one point we had three women working for us called Victoria Cross, all in different offices. Personally I'd have shot the parents.

A neighbouring insurance company had a George Cross working for them on the phones, but he got his as an add on in the traditional way.
There was a girl in my year at school called Jessica Head. In the year above us her brother, Richard.

There was a girl in my year at school called Jessica Head. In the year above us her brother, Richard.
I once worked alongside a very fine and serious Officer who was constantly annoyed that JSP 101 demanded he sign off all his paperwork with his first initial and surname - many a soldier was caught giggling at orders signed by Major P Nurse.

In an attempt to help, I once suggested that he could use his middle initial instead to avoid such cheap laughs. He sobbed and told me that signing as Major A Nurse would probably be no better.

We had one of those in my school as well. However, to be fair I don't think that many of us made an issue of it at the time. In fact, I never heard it used as abuse until I saw Jasper Carrot use it in the 80s.

Because of the year of my birth we had five Neil's in my class at primary school, including one Neil Armstrong. Most appropriate as he was definitely a space cadet.

There was an officer called Richard Head I remember him getting promoted to Major.

Latest Threads