AW139 to replace USAF Hueys

the Blackhawk was just too big and expensive for the role no matter how they played around a bit like buying chinooks for the role in Cyprus and Kenya. yes not buying a niche airframe saves you some cash but the operating costs massively eat up any savings.
the USAF hueys are heading into Shackleton country not actually a historic airframe but damm close to it.

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yep there are several countries that use the UH-1H or Super Huey II namely Latin American countries in combat / parapublic and some Far East.

Likewise in Europe the Hellenic Army Aviation, Turkish Army Aviation , Turkish Air Force use Bell 205, AgustaBell 205 in front line units. The German Heeresflieger still use Bell Uh-1D (albeit Dornier manufactured under license ) in SAR and trooping roles.
Italian Army Air Cav uses AB205/212 still albeit replacing with UH90 ( NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopters)

Spanish Armada uses ( formerly ASW now stripped of equipment ) AB212 for supporting their Marines.

Italian Navy uses AB212 still in ASW role and supporting their marines

The US Department of State Air Wing use Super Hueys / Huey IIs albeit armed with Gimpys in Afghanistan for drug enforcement as a lot of you who served out there and also in parts of Latin America asuch as Colombia.

The four bladed Bell 412 is used around the world be it Air Force army or naval variants in front line.

Slovenian Air Force has Bell 412 and recently last month or two the Macedonian Air Force took delivery of pair of brand new Bell 412EPi

Turkish Navy and coast guard uses the AB412

RCAF uses Bell 412 Albeit as the CH146 in battlefield role since 1993 then repacking the cH-136 Kiowa , CH-135 Twin Huey and laughingly the older Ch-147 Chinook

Etc etc

Cheers

I was told one time that original Bell parts are not allowed to be fitted to Agusta built aircraft and vice versa, so that they have their own market share and don't interfere with each other. can anyone confirm this?

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
Stovepipe , yep thats true...

btw 3 years ago at I attended Heli Expo 2015, and ceremony where AW unveiled new AW139 with increased 7000kg (EASA Certified) the first customer is French offshore/onshore operator Heli-Union

cheers

Yep there are several countries that use the UH-1H or Super Huey II namely Latin American countries in combat / parapublic and some Far East.

Likewise in Europe the Hellenic Army Aviation, Turkish Army Aviation , Turkish Air Force use Bell 205, AgustaBell 205 in front line units. The German Heeresflieger still use Bell Uh-1D (albeit Dornier manufactured under license ) in SAR and trooping roles.
Italian Army Air Cav uses AB205/212 still albeit replacing with UH90 ( NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopters)

Spanish Armada uses ( formerly ASW now stripped of equipment ) AB212 for supporting their Marines.

Italian Navy uses AB212 still in ASW role and supporting their marines

The US Department of State Air Wing use Super Hueys / Huey IIs albeit armed with Gimpys in Afghanistan for drug enforcement as a lot of you who served out there and also in parts of Latin America asuch as Colombia.

The four bladed Bell 412 is used around the world be it Air Force army or naval variants in front line.

Slovenian Air Force has Bell 412 and recently last month or two the Macedonian Air Force took delivery of pair of brand new Bell 412EPi

Turkish Navy and coast guard uses the AB412

RCAF uses Bell 412 Albeit as the CH146 in battlefield role since 1993 then repacking the cH-136 Kiowa , CH-135 Twin Huey and laughingly the older Ch-147 Chinook

Etc etc

Cheers
I believe our 412’s are due to be replaced this year: Griffin HAR2 | RAF Live

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
Also Ritch buddy forgot in moy other neck of the woods - Austrian Bundesheer operates several AB-212 for frontline trooping etc

They just been modified by Leonardo with upgraded cockpit as with my photos a few weeks back

cheers

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
Scalieback mate, I heard something along those lines the other year - question is whose going to provide the contract and with what airframe? Cobham with an AW139 perhaps or British international / AAR with AW189?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Scalieback mate, I heard something along those lines the other year - question is whose going to provide the contract and with what airframe? Cobham with an AW139 perhaps or British international / AAR with AW189?
HC145s

I was told one time that original Bell parts are not allowed to be fitted to Agusta built aircraft and vice versa, so that they have their own market share and don't interfere with each other. can anyone confirm this?
Not an issue with military aircraft.
EASA in it's wisdom created a problem for civilian operators who had mixed parts, main and tail rotor blades in particular by insisting that they were not certified other than for the original equipment. Cost a fortune to sort out and achieved zero in respect of aviation safety

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
For those of you who attended RIAT few months back, the Italian Air Force brought their CSAR component including their HH-139 and HH-101 Ceasar, here are my photos of the HH-139 on static.

Cheers

cheers