• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Avro York

I haven't built a plastic kit for many years, I have been building and flying RC , and for a while , a few years ago was the sole importer of GWS model aircraft kits (made in Taiwan, sadly now no longer available, as the company is now bankrupt that'll teach the former CEO to keep his dick in his trousers, wife took him to the cleaners and they never came back from there )

These were extremely simple to build , very similar to Airfix , two fuselage sides wings etc , all stuck together and using a little geared brushed motor (280 size) for power, so good in fact, even the rawest of beginners had a good chance of achieving aviation they were the company that really advanced electric powered flight .(BTW , I did make a pretty tidy profit , it took us on holiday more than once to Las Vegas)

anyway , I have the urge to build an Avro York over the winter period , now I have done a search and found a Mach 2 kit at 1/72 scale , thing is Mach 2 isn't getting a great write up
has anyone built from this company , and are they decent, or is another company modelling this aircraft

failing this build , I have a Hobby king Lancaster which I may use the wings tailplanes , motors retracts etc and carve out a fuselage from blue foam/ balsa/ply , and cover with H/W tissue and pva, and go for a full scale flyer on 6 channels

TIA for any advice

I have the GWS ME262 which I've never flown. Hope you enjoyed the holiday I helped pay for!! LOL

Must dust it down, give it full beans and see what it can do!!

I have the GWS ME262 which I've never flown. Hope you enjoyed the holiday I helped pay for!! LOL

Must dust it down, give it full beans and see what it can do!!
they like a bit of carbon fibre tape glued lengthways along the inside of the fuselage with epoxy, strengthens the nose, or cover with glass cloth and krylon or polyurethane
does yours have the brushless edfs?
flies very fast... looks the part in the air though

I had a couple of brushed fans I put in. Polly C'd the u/side of the nacelles and applied lightweight tissue. The nose i reinforced with epoxy. I do have another basic kit I'm going brushless with.

I have a Hobby king Lancaster which I may use the wings tailplanes , motors retracts etc and carve out a fuselage from blue foam/ balsa/ply , and cover with H/W tissue and pva, and go for a full scale flyer on 6 channels

TIA for any advice
Have you flown the Lanc? Again, I have one, but reports of severe tip stalling tendencies have put me off it. The thought of having to fly it like a fighter doesn't excite me that much!

Have you flown the Lanc? Again, I have one, but reports of severe tip stalling tendencies have put me off it. The thought of having to fly it like a fighter doesn't excite me that much!
No ,not completed it ,she's bit of a hanger queen actually( I also have two Formosas but not flown those either, they are as rare as rocking horse poop and I dont want to trash them)... heard about the tip stalls , the answer is to dial in up a couple of millimetres of up aileron , have seen one with perspex (invisible when flying ) flaps fixed under the wing , apparently slows it down a bit, but the other I saw before a club member killed it flew at a speed that would have more suited a scale EE Lightning, and it was twitchy , and they need rudder servos or differential motors

we should start a RC models group

[QUOTE
we should start a RC models group[/QUOTE]

and on that note , is there any interest? might be quite good if we had a start number around half a dozen modellers/flyers

Yes, I was going to add some wash-out as you described, but it's a bit of a porker weight wise. Might try to get rid of some excess weight like the undercart and hand launch.

Great idea on the RC group!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No ,not completed it ,she's bit of a hanger queen actually( I also have two Formosas but not flown those either, they are as rare as rocking horse poop and I dont want to trash them)... heard about the tip stalls , the answer is to dial in up a couple of millimetres of up aileron , have seen one with perspex (invisible when flying ) flaps fixed under the wing , apparently slows it down a bit, but the other I saw before a club member killed it flew at a speed that would have more suited a scale EE Lightning, and it was twitchy , and they need rudder servos or differential motors

we should start a RC models group
If there's enough interest as a starter I can do you a sticky thread

If there's enough interest as a starter I can do you a sticky thread
give it a couple of days mate, to see if there is enough interest, then I'll contact you