Aviva Investors HR sacks entire workforce by mistake

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Apr 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Aviva are a complete cluster at the moment: they have fired their best employees (who funnily enough were also the most expensive) in order to reduce costs, hired a bunch of incompetent fuckwits to sit on the main Board, and blinded themselves with marketing bullshit and flim flam in their dream of being the largest and most powerful insurance company in the world.

Avoid this company like the plague.

• Like Like x 1
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I've never met anyone working in HR who wasnt

a. a complete fuckwit
    b. on a mission to stitch up the employees.

cretins all.

• Like Like x 6
  3. By its very nature, HR attracts *****. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when they got the news though.

4. HR, full of tense, post menstrual women called Janet and men that need to be dominated by them. Perverts. ******* lot of them.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Ha ha ha ha ha ha I should re-post this in the Schadenfreude thread.

6. It's very rare for me to genuinly laugh out loud at posts, but that one did it for me. Gets my 'post of the year' award.

7. I remember when the wife took on the HR mob over her constructive dismissal. She won, their spokesman said that they were "disappointed". I tend to agree with Biscuits AB on this one.

B

• Like Like x 1
  8. Worked for a company that decided we should have CRB checks, just on the remote possibility we might come in to contact with children. One of the lads checks showed something up and when called in he told them grudgingly he was fined something like 2'6 for being drunk and disorderly when he was 18, some 30 years before. HR told manager to sack him for not declaring conviction on his application ( he had been with them nearly 20 years and was a good worker). They did, then had to pay him an absolute fortune when he went to a tribunal. Turned out HR weren't aware of Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, which meant he didn't have to declare it after 5 years.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Yep! Power hungry control-freaks would screw over colleagues to appease senior management and relish that the workforce sucking up to them like they all hold power equivalent to being in Kim Jong-un's inner circle

10. When in conversation with one of these creatures, insist upon referring to their office/dept as 'Personnel'. They ******* hate it. The 'Diversity' ones are the quickest off the mark and if you're unfortunate to have one who wears comfortable shoes, just watch how they appear to be making mental notes of everything. ******* Stasi.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Our lot started off as "personnel". Then it went to "human resources". Their latest reincarnation is as "people services".
    Hasn't helped (them or us).

12. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

13. AVIVA helped to pay my wages for about 5 years when I was working as an Investigator. (2002 - 2007) They paid on time and never quibbled or questioned the exorbitant fees.

Would I insure a motor vehicle with them?

Would I ****.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was sent a letter from HR informing me that I'd been unsuccessful in my job application.

I gave them a quick call to confirm that this was really the case as I'd been in position for five years at that point.

• Like Like x 2