• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Aviva Investors HR sacks entire workforce by mistake

Aviva are a complete cluster at the moment: they have fired their best employees (who funnily enough were also the most expensive) in order to reduce costs, hired a bunch of incompetent fuckwits to sit on the main Board, and blinded themselves with marketing bullshit and flim flam in their dream of being the largest and most powerful insurance company in the world.

Avoid this company like the plague.

B

Biscuits_AB

HR, full of tense, post menstrual women called Janet and men that need to be dominated by them. Perverts. ******* lot of them.

I remember when the wife took on the HR mob over her constructive dismissal. She won, their spokesman said that they were "disappointed". I tend to agree with Biscuits AB on this one.

B

I remember when the wife took on the HR mob over her constructive dismissal. She won, their spokesman said that they were "disappointed". I tend to agree with Biscuits AB on this one.

B
Worked for a company that decided we should have CRB checks, just on the remote possibility we might come in to contact with children. One of the lads checks showed something up and when called in he told them grudgingly he was fined something like 2'6 for being drunk and disorderly when he was 18, some 30 years before. HR told manager to sack him for not declaring conviction on his application ( he had been with them nearly 20 years and was a good worker). They did, then had to pay him an absolute fortune when he went to a tribunal. Turned out HR weren't aware of Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, which meant he didn't have to declare it after 5 years.

By its very nature, HR attracts *****. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when they got the news though.
Yep! Power hungry control-freaks would screw over colleagues to appease senior management and relish that the workforce sucking up to them like they all hold power equivalent to being in Kim Jong-un's inner circle

B

Biscuits_AB

When in conversation with one of these creatures, insist upon referring to their office/dept as 'Personnel'. They ******* hate it. The 'Diversity' ones are the quickest off the mark and if you're unfortunate to have one who wears comfortable shoes, just watch how they appear to be making mental notes of everything. ******* Stasi.

When in conversation with one of these creatures, insist upon referring to their office/dept as 'Personnel'. They ******* hate it. The 'Diversity' ones are the quickest off the mark and if you're unfortunate to have one who wears comfortable shoes, just watch how they appear to be making mental notes of everything. ******* Stasi.
Our lot started off as "personnel". Then it went to "human resources". Their latest reincarnation is as "people services".
Hasn't helped (them or us).

Aviva are a complete cluster at the moment: they have fired their best employees (who funnily enough were also the most expensive) in order to reduce costs, hired a bunch of incompetent fuckwits to sit on the main Board, and blinded themselves with marketing bullshit and flim flam in their dream of being the largest and most powerful insurance company in the world.

Avoid this company like the plague.
AVIVA helped to pay my wages for about 5 years when I was working as an Investigator. (2002 - 2007) They paid on time and never quibbled or questioned the exorbitant fees.

Would I insure a motor vehicle with them?

Would I ****.

I was sent a letter from HR informing me that I'd been unsuccessful in my job application.

I gave them a quick call to confirm that this was really the case as I'd been in position for five years at that point.

I went for a job with British Gas years ago as a commercial credit controller (debt collector, basically) and they were so unexpectedly rude to me in the interview and condescending, I very quietly told them that I wasn't going to sit here and be insulted by a pair of HR reptiles and a meter reader and that they should go and **** themselves and stick there shit job up their fat obnoxious arses and got up to leave. 'Are you walking out of this interview?' one of them asked. 'Of course I ******* am' and left.

A week later I get a letter

"Dear Mr Mothman,

I am sorry to inform you that you have not been successful in your application for the post of commercial credit controller.

However, your name has been added to a reserve list for any future vacancies which currently are very likely to arise in the near future. There will be no need for further interview if we offer you one of these posts.

Please sign and return the copy of this letter enclosed if you wish to added to our reserve list.
Turns out they were looking for some people with guts and determination to prise the shekels out of the hebrews who seem to think gas should be free.

I returned the letter with 'no thanks' written across it.

Had a lovely email from HR a few days ago, welcoming me as a new employee and reminding me of the need to read all the company policies on the intranet etc etc. I've only been there 12 years.

I worked for Aviva Investors for about 9 years. Throughout the entire company, HR are the most notoriously overpaid, useless bunch of fucknuts I've ever had the misfortune to be associated with (and that includes the RMP). I have quite an extensive list of **** ups which they oversaw.... Not least, hiring me in the first place :)

I got a letter form NI Civil Service personnel once, inviting me on a training course for the Departmental Central Index (main computer system). I had been in CHARGE of this system in our building for over 2 years at that point.

A similar letter was issued in the name of some poor guy who had died in the office.

re the British Gas thing - wasn't it them who sent a snotty letter addressed to a guy who had been killed in a gas explosion?

Latest Threads