Aviva (aka Norwich Union) payouts

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Litotes, Aug 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you hold a pension, endowment policy or with-profits policy with Aviva or Norwich Union as it was known, and you haven't responded to the letter regarding a windfall, you should get off your arrse and do it quick!!

Telegraph article

A lot of military people might hold these policies but might not have received the paperwork because keeping every company informed of your whereabouts is a pain in the arrse!

Litotes

2. Litotes,

Thought I would be in for a payout when I first got wind of this last year but unfortunately very few people actually qualify for this 'windfall'. Only those as listed below:

Remember not all Aviva customers will qualify for a windfall, only those who held policies in the two relevant funds (which were the original General Accident and Commercial Union with-profits funds, both of which have either been merged or taken over by Aviva over the past decade).

If you go on to the Aviva website there is a facility to enter your policy number and get an instant response on whether or not you qualify.

Rgds

PAW

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

And to add grist to the mill. The pay out is worth very little indeed. Re-atribution is a big fib!

4. When I found I was on my way to Op Banner many moons ago, I was persuaded to buy a with-profits life assurance policy with Clerical Medical. I don't remember how and why but it was sold to me...

The monthly payment was £5, which was a lot of money for a young lad in those days. A while later I was very surprised to receive a letter offering me several hundred pounds, IIRC, to be taken over by the Halifax. Shortly after that, the policy paid out over £7k after 25 years. I paid in £1500, so thank you very much, CM!

Sadly, those days are probably long gone!

Litotes

5. Just don't trust them to be at all straight with you. I worked there for many years and wouldn't trust them at all.