Aviva (aka Norwich Union) payouts

If you hold a pension, endowment policy or with-profits policy with Aviva or Norwich Union as it was known, and you haven't responded to the letter regarding a windfall, you should get off your arrse and do it quick!!

Telegraph article

A lot of military people might hold these policies but might not have received the paperwork because keeping every company informed of your whereabouts is a pain in the arrse!

Litotes

Litotes,

Thought I would be in for a payout when I first got wind of this last year but unfortunately very few people actually qualify for this 'windfall'. Only those as listed below:

Remember not all Aviva customers will qualify for a windfall, only those who held policies in the two relevant funds (which were the original General Accident and Commercial Union with-profits funds, both of which have either been merged or taken over by Aviva over the past decade).

If you go on to the Aviva website there is a facility to enter your policy number and get an instant response on whether or not you qualify.

Rgds

PAW

When I found I was on my way to Op Banner many moons ago, I was persuaded to buy a with-profits life assurance policy with Clerical Medical. I don't remember how and why but it was sold to me...

The monthly payment was £5, which was a lot of money for a young lad in those days. A while later I was very surprised to receive a letter offering me several hundred pounds, IIRC, to be taken over by the Halifax. Shortly after that, the policy paid out over £7k after 25 years. I paid in £1500, so thank you very much, CM!

Sadly, those days are probably long gone!

Litotes

Just don't trust them to be at all straight with you. I worked there for many years and wouldn't trust them at all.