• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Avionics Technician or air craft tech

#3
ok thanks I'm thinking only avionics as I am interested in physics did it at a/s level and realy enjoyed it. Is physics used more in avionics then air craft tech. Thanks for response was very helpful.
 
#4
verticalgyro said:
Matt44 said:
ok thanks I'm thinking only avionics as I am interested in physics did it at a/s level and realy enjoyed it. Is physics used more in avionics then air craft tech. Thanks for response was very helpful.
Physics is valuable to any engineering discipline, I don't think that having an AS level in it will give you a significant advantage in one trade over another, as in it would be useful in either trade. As it happens I did Chemistry, Maths and Economics at A Level. Fat lot of good any of them did though!
That would explain a lot :D My Brother was an aviation tech, hahahahahahahaha.

I bet you bite like a good'un. :D
 
#5
Thanks again do you reakon the avionics course is passable if you havent got an A level in maths. Are they people on it with just a GCSE in it I have a B.
 
#6
verticalgyro said:
Matt44 said:
Thanks again do you reakon the avionics course is passable if you havent got an A level in maths. Are they people on it with just a GCSE in it I have a B.
Easily. There are plenty of people who have never had the opportunity to do A Levels who pass the course all the time.

If you have passed the standards to start the course then you should be able to complete it if you apply yourself. Thats why they have minimum standards and you do the tests at the AFCO.
So, when did you get good enough to fly what you serviced? You know, gobbing off that you were so good and a leader of men?
 
#7
verticalgyro said:
Ord_Sgt said:
That would explain a lot :D My Brother was an aviation tech, hahahahahahahaha.

I bet you bite like a good'un. :D
Do it in another thread please. I don't mind being stalked by an alcoholic ex-scaley tech, but do it somewhere else and I'll bite, not a problem.
I wasn't a tech but an RTG. Something rather more advanced, a bit like you, a doer rather than a watcher.
 
#9
verticalgyro said:
Seems like Duty Drunk has decided to scribble down here now that his arch enemy Bugsy has been shitcanned.
No just asking when you got your pilots licence? I bet you don't have one because you will always be a wannabe and think because you know how engines work you are special.
 
#10
verticalgyro said:
No problem Matt.

Duty Drunk, it's time for bed, off you go quietly now, you've had a good night, don't spoil it now.
Not spoiling it, when did you learn to fly? You know, learn to fly and actually know more that turbines?
 
#11
Matt44 said:
Hey I don't no which out of these two trades to choose. Does one have a shorter waiting list?
Take this with a pinch of salt as I am not current. Avionics tech used to be the better trade as it had wider applications.
 
#12
verticalgyro said:
No problem Matt.

Duty Drunk, it's time for bed, off you go quietly now, you've had a good night, don't spoil it now.
So you want to be a pilot? I'm so sorry, I am a pilot, I can pole it about up front :D Engines are fun, but very ******* dull, they only go around and around after all.

One day you will be as good as me, in your dreams.
 
#14
verticalgyro said:
You do realise how daft you are making yourself look?

This is a thread started by some guy who is interested in joining the Army, he had questions that were answered. You pile in like a bladdered f-uckwitt that you are and start scribbling all over the place. I know it's a Bank Holiday weekend, but I thought even the most Brasso'd up scaley shitcunt knew not to fart about in the serious threads and forums.

I guess all the Old Spice you necked before breakfast has got in the way of coherent thought.

Go to bed Ord_Sgt, you're an embarrasment.
So you are still wishing you could be a pilot but are merely a tosser who wants to be clever and gobs off? Nothing wrong with being an engineer, that's what I do these days, I do quite well out of it to be honest.

But you were never a pilot 'virtigalgiro' and never will be. Deal with it. You don't have what it takes.
 

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
#15
I'm annoyed.

The car needs topping up with brake fluid, but Ord_Sgt has cleaned the place out and necked the lot.

Matt, as another Av Tech, what VG has said is very good advice and very sound. Ignore the ramblings of Ord_Sgt, you'll encounter drunken has-beens everywhere as you progress through your career.
 
#16
Ord_Sgt said:
So you are still wishing you could be a pilot but are merely a tosser who wants to be clever and gobs off? Nothing wrong with being an engineer, that's what I do these days, I do quite well out of it to be honest.

But you were never a pilot 'virtigalgiro' and never will be. Deal with it. You don't have what it takes.
Good god, man. You'd pick a fight with an ashtray if it looked at your bottle of turps in a funny manner. Give it a rest you fallopian tube. Cant see where VG has ever claimed to be a pilot? You'll find that Air techs and Av Techs have a huge amount of flying knowledge. They need to..not that you'd know now be a good drunkard and **** off back under your piss stained cardboard box.
 
#17
verticalgyro said:
Just go to bed before you fall over.
Just curious when you actually did something VG, you know over and above being boring and an under achiever?

You're not a pilot, you're not a decent engineer, what did you ever do? what have you ever done?
 

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
#18
Ord_Sgt said:
verticalgyro said:
Just go to bed before you fall over.
Just curious when you actually did something VG, you know over and above being boring and an under achiever?

You're not a pilot, you're not a decent engineer, what did you ever do? what have you ever done?
Answer those last two questions yourself, you pissed up tit. You're a fucking embarrasment.
 
#19
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Ord_Sgt said:
So you are still wishing you could be a pilot but are merely a tosser who wants to be clever and gobs off? Nothing wrong with being an engineer, that's what I do these days, I do quite well out of it to be honest.

But you were never a pilot 'virtigalgiro' and never will be. Deal with it. You don't have what it takes.
Good god, man. You'd pick a fight with an ashtray if it looked at your bottle of turps in a funny manner. Give it a rest you fallopian tube. Cant see where VG has ever claimed to be a pilot? You'll find that Air techs and Av Techs have a huge amount of flying knowledge. They need to..not that you'd know now be a good drunkard and * off back under your piss stained cardboard box.
Of course. Crack on.
 
#20
Matt... I note your use of capitals for Av Tech, and not for ac.

The force is strong in this one. You'll be sporting inch-thick gegs and Thermos in no time mate.

On a more serious note... What VG said. (The bit about trade advice, not Toilet Duck.)
 

Latest Threads