Avionics Technician or air craft tech

Discussion in 'REME' started by Matt44, May 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey I don't no which out of these two trades to choose. Does one have a shorter waiting list?

2. Also does one have better promotion prospects then the other?

3. ok thanks I'm thinking only avionics as I am interested in physics did it at a/s level and realy enjoyed it. Is physics used more in avionics then air craft tech. Thanks for response was very helpful.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

That would explain a lot :D My Brother was an aviation tech, hahahahahahahaha.

I bet you bite like a good'un. :D

5. Thanks again do you reakon the avionics course is passable if you havent got an A level in maths. Are they people on it with just a GCSE in it I have a B.

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

So, when did you get good enough to fly what you serviced? You know, gobbing off that you were so good and a leader of men?

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I wasn't a tech but an RTG. Something rather more advanced, a bit like you, a doer rather than a watcher.

8. verticalgyro , Thanks for your advice has help me alot.

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

No just asking when you got your pilots licence? I bet you don't have one because you will always be a wannabe and think because you know how engines work you are special.

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Not spoiling it, when did you learn to fly? You know, learn to fly and actually know more that turbines?

11. Take this with a pinch of salt as I am not current. Avionics tech used to be the better trade as it had wider applications.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

So you want to be a pilot? I'm so sorry, I am a pilot, I can pole it about up front :D Engines are fun, but very ******* dull, they only go around and around after all.

One day you will be as good as me, in your dreams.

13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Hello hello. Sales of Toilet Duck have improved today then.

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

So you are still wishing you could be a pilot but are merely a tosser who wants to be clever and gobs off? Nothing wrong with being an engineer, that's what I do these days, I do quite well out of it to be honest.

But you were never a pilot 'virtigalgiro' and never will be. Deal with it. You don't have what it takes.

15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I'm annoyed.

The car needs topping up with brake fluid, but Ord_Sgt has cleaned the place out and necked the lot.

Matt, as another Av Tech, what VG has said is very good advice and very sound. Ignore the ramblings of Ord_Sgt, you'll encounter drunken has-beens everywhere as you progress through your career.