Aviemore property releases - start your own holiday let!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Worth noting for anyone interested in starting up their own holiday let - Silverglades in Aviemore, once the biggest holiday let company going, is shutting down. Redundancy notices issued to staff and a glut of property hitting the market in the semi and detached range. Normally there is the sum route of **** all property available in Aviemore, so it'll go fast.

There are a few on as of Friday with more to come. Worth a look if you're interested. I think they've got 19 in total left that they're releasing to market.

We bought a detached 2 bed from them in October last year. Currently running at 88.6% occupancy and are very happy with how it's all going. I've got the relevant contacts for management / booking if anyone decides to go for it.

Cheers!

Rightmove.co.uk

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Worth noting for anyone interested in starting up their own holiday let - Silverglades in Aviemore, once the biggest holiday let company going, is shutting down. Redundancy notices issued to staff and a glut of property hitting the market in the semi and detached range. Normally there is the sum route of **** all property available in Aviemore, so it'll go fast.

There are a few on as of Friday with more to come. Worth a look if you're interested. I think they've got 19 in total left that they're releasing to market.

We bought a detached 2 bed from them in October last year. Currently running at 88.6% occupancy and are very happy with how it's all going. I've got the relevant contacts for management / booking if anyone decides to go for it.

Cheers!

Rightmove.co.uk
So do you do an ARRSE discount?

Living where we are, we may occasionally be able to help fill up your 11.4% vacancy if the price was right!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So do you do an ARRSE discount?

Living where we are, we may occasionally be able to help fill up your 11.4% vacancy if the price was right!
Me too, need some where in jock land next year
Yes, absolutely. Because I'd love to have the bed swamped in, shit in the kettle and a police investigation for allegations of naked people running around the garden.

:mrgreen:

I'll send some PM's. You can let me know if you're interested and I'll talk about mates rates. I have fixed costs I must absorb, but there's ways and means.

I might even leave out some extra complimentary Cairngorm beer....

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes, absolutely. Because I'd love to have the bed swamped in, shit in the kettle and a police investigation for allegations of naked people running around the garden.

:mrgreen:

I'll send some PM's. You can let me know if you're interested and I'll talk about mates rates. I have fixed costs I must absorb, but there's ways and means.

I might even leave out some extra complimentary Cairngorm beer....
Excuse me, I have never swamped a bed nor have I shat in a kettle.

Excuse me, I have never swamped a bed nor have I shat in a kettle.
You need to get out a bit more!

My son & dughter in law live in Tomatin, lovely area.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You need to get out a bit more!

My son & dughter in law live in Tomatin, lovely area.
Tomatin's never recovered since they shut the Little Chef!

Fond memories of Aviemore. Lost my cherry to a local lass back in 1972. Hope she’s aged better than me! :smile:

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
could not help noticing that the cooker switch, and sockets outlets are right above the cooker, should be 350mm away to either side, perhaps the regs are different there ?are all the properties rental only or are they suitable for living in full time ?
You spotter.

These were all built in 1989/1990 - regs different back then? Do they have to update to follow regs? I'm guessing not?

These are all suitable as full time houses. It's an emotive subject as the locals can't afford to buy any of them because they pish trolleys or serve food, but whinge when people like me buy them and bring in tourists to an area that only exists because of tourism. Fuds.

So, some end up going for HLs, some go for second homes and some go as full time homes for a very small number of people.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Aviemore is a toilet with some lovely views.
Aviemore itself has improved somewhat since it's bad times during the 90's when investment in the area crashed and the skiing stopped being good. It was ******* awful. It's marginally better but for location and access to amenities in the Cairngorms it can't be beat.

Plus female backpackers looking for cheap digs...

Plus female backpackers looking for cheap digs...
I’m assuming they don’t swamp the beds or shit in the kettle? :smile:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
You spotter.

These were all built in 1989/1990 - regs different back then? Do they have to update to follow regs? I'm guessing not?

These are all suitable as full time houses. It's an emotive subject as the locals can't afford to buy any of them because they pish trolleys or serve food, but whinge when people like me buy them and bring in tourists to an area that only exists because of tourism. Fuds.

So, some end up going for HLs, some go for second homes and some go as full time homes for a very small number of people.
nah regs back then were the same for locations, I know the Scottish electrical regs are managed in a different way, but generally the building regs cover it all, all socket outlets and isolators at least 350 mm away, most normal people interpert that as to either side, some muppets think by raising it up that counts
guess what, it gets hotter the higher you go
they do look like well thought out buildings, I presume the local people do the cleaning and maintenance ?

ugly

LE
Handy as a base for stalking holidays