Avicii dies

I'm confused.
Did he actually play an instrument or did he present other people's music.
Either way, just checked him out ( never heard of him before) and 'Wake me up' was ok'ish, not very exciting, wouldn't rush out and buy it.

I get the feeling that there are two types of poster on this thread. Those who know who he was and those who neither know nor care.

Second group for me. Sorry the lad's karked it but never heard of him or recognise the cover version.

Didn't mind his stuff, gets played a bit at work.

I'm confused.
Did he actually play an instrument or did he present other people's music.
Either way, just checked him out ( never heard of him before) and 'Wake me up' was ok'ish, not very exciting, wouldn't rush out and buy it.
He 'produced' his own music. Meaning he did the beats and put the samples together.

He was internationally successful. Are you even a legend in your lunchtime?

He sold millions of records.

Yeah his music was shit. But so what. He did it.

He got a taste for the old ethanol. It wouldn't let go of him.

Many more ******* running about living it up.

He just didn't have the constitution or the fortitude to keep it up for another 20 years, which he probably would have, if he could. You pays yer money yer takes yer chances.

By the way, Keith Richards. Death pool. That ****** will outlive all of you.

28. Kind of young. But fair play to him.

Never heard of him, like that geezer Junstine blubber. Nobodys.....

I wish they'd just tell you how they topped themselves
If this were Cluedo, I'd play: Hotel room, wardrobe, stranglew@nk

Last edited:
If this were Cluedo, I'd play: Hotel room, wardrobe, stranglew@nk
Not so sure, its getting hot in Oman, so A/C would be high - could be a bit chilly.

I reckon: terrace bar, heavy handed barman, alcohol overdose in sleep

I get the feeling that there are two types of poster on this thread. Those who know who he was and those who neither know nor care.

Second group for me. Sorry the lad's karked it but never heard of him or recognise the cover version.
I'm with that. Never heard of him, but that's a generation thing.
He clearly connected to audiences across the globe, so he was doing something many others related to - fair does.
Desperately sad for his family though and very bittersweet. International fame and dead before 30. Wow. As a father of two, I'm pleased ours are under the radar, successful in their own small way, but most importantly, alive and kicking.
I remember some years back having a chat with Pete Doherty's Dad at the time he was always in the papers for all the wrong reasons. On the one hand, his son was successful - shagging Kate Moss ffs, yet his lifestyle was tearing his parents apart.
As I say, very bittersweet. RIP.

Regardless of whether you rated him, heard of him or decided that he had or had no talent, the guy made a type of music that sold millions and in my opinion made some noises my brain enjoyed.

A few of his tunes made me happier on the commute and would make me smile at a function. He worked hard for what he gave, I couldn't imagine the state I would be mixing it at clubs at his level when I was 18-RIP, I recon a year of Class A and I would be fooked, he faced about 10 years at the top of his game where everything he played to was probably full of Speed or Ecstasy, but maybe I'm showing my age!

Fook knows how you keep up without an upper or 3

Dead at 28?

Poor show.

Any self respecting muso would join Jimi, Jim, Janis, Kurt, Amy, Brian and the gang by croaking at 27.

Mumsnet is that way. >>>>>>>>>>>