Aviation Regtimental Signals Instructors Course

I have heard that there was a lot of beer drunk in difference to other course that have been and gone. The NAAFI made a fortune out of a few people as did Breakers!!!!

Talking of Breakers have you heard from that LARGE DORIS Black Pearl old chap!!!! LOL

Is this going anywhere fellas or is it something that can be done in PM?

We all know that sigs are lovegods and MT are in awe of them but lets not scoff bandwidth in Gods forum with plop and dribble

Porridge Gun has a bit of a point the idea of the thread (i think) is that should the course be made compulsory as is the current head honcho at wallops plan. Compulsory that is for Full screws in the signals stream. There is talk of it being made like some form of qualification for promotion in the sigs stream. Ref clogging up bandwidth it is a bit quiet an gay on the aviation forum at the mo. Just trying to get the corps spirit of whinging at each other going aswell as we all know it can!!!!

yea thats a fair point, the ARSI Course should be completed before promotion to Sgt, however their seems to be alot of squad's getting out of it, Bowman being 1 i can think of and the other being a Certain Turkish looking Arsenal fan in 3 AAC Troop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a need for every Cpl and above in the sigs section / comd troop to be an instructor?

Surely the RSI course was just a means of portraying the knowledge you already have accross to others.... Does an established Cpl who is an instructor in other subjects and skill really need to attend an RSI cse if he is already a Class one and more than proficient signaller.

Saying that, Flaggies have got big knackers

Being an instructor in other subjects help on the ARSI course but by christ it is the most picky course I have ever done for DS red penning, it fcuking winds you up!!
And the fact that i have a clearing in the amazon named after me due to the amount of paper I went through!!! Just cause a full stop was underlined!!!!!! Bas=#*s!!!

to be honest it was my second crack at the course, and i felt that it did me no harm in the end!. however the D.S are picky to start with but when they know your upto it they leave you to crack on.

and yes US Flaggies do have big BOLL*&ks! :D

Reference BIG BOLL*'KS

Yes especially when gobbing off at DS must be a 3 REGT thing and with a little help from that foreign geordie bugger who got Bezza.

Almost all NCOs in COMD TP are flaggies now apart from a few but i am not sure that we need so many but the school has to produce 20 a year. It is a little bit more than instructional skills though with all the paperwork (service writing and all that p*ss) go to know. Especially when writing long range HF p*ss ups I mean exercises!

Good shout there lynxeffect, i think that it is a good course, but very demanding. it is the hardest course i have done in the Army(including JLC). When are we gonna get the recognition we deserve for our efforts??, any MONG can complete a Class 1 drivers and Instructors course.

Looking forward to your HF Exercise (LOL)!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you not think the DS are that way for a reason?

If you return to Wallop as DS will you be an equally picky bast@rd?

I hope you are if you do return, would be nice of the standard of RSI was just as good if not better than the ones from previous era's

lynxeffectlol, so, whats your method of ensuring the standards of sig instruction in the regts then? Do you just teach what you want or do you teach whats needed? Standards may well be there for a reason you know. If you are nowt more than a jumped up B1 with an axe to grind, youll not understand, if you are RSI qualled trying to find the weaknesses then well done.

(Personally, I think you may well be a bit of a wannabe). :roll:

From what I recall the instructors make or break the course....

If you get a dullard with no personality it can rapidly become a colouring in and sleeping course.... if the Staff have an ounce of personality between them then the course can be made inredible fun, hard work granted but at least you can work with a grin on your face.

the instructor team currently in place were very good on the course to be honest. they were there to help if you were struggling with any coursework/lessons(without telling you what to do).
and did have a good sense of humour about things!.
lynxeffect was seen to be in the office all the time asking for help ( i think thats why he got MOST IMPROVED!! :lol: DECON :roll: 8O )

(Personally, I think you may well be a bit of a wannabe).

Having put up with 6 weeks of mind numbingly boring paperwork and listening to The Black Pearl whinging and whining and getting hate mail from Greenpeace reference the huge pile of paper i have used and managed to get to the end (just granted) I am quite aware of the standards and why they are in fact in place.

Having helped out on several class two courses the main ones being with Tigersfan. And seeing that every single one who did those courses pass the B1 course 32 passes I think that the standards carried out in the unit cleary reflected the results at Middle Wallop.

If people are passing the class 1 course well at Middle Wallop then the instructors in the units are doing there job well!! Yes people can bluff it with a pre course but to pass well you are either natrually gifted with a mind for retaining boring crap or have had a good grounding at class two level. Further enhanced by a good pre course where you are pointed in the right direction.

If I could teach what i wanted then the class two and pre class1 and pre RSI courses would be time spent on the piss, clearly they are not.

Anyway enough about that, liked the turkish one in the Troop!! :lol:
Nice one Black Pearl,

But don't forget Chinner Moonface esquire also of 3 REGT troop!!

Latest Threads