Aviation IT Systems Operator

pazzer

Clanker
Hello guys,

I was just looking for a bit of information, I have recently completed selection with a B grade (my run wasn't the best but I made up for it in BARB/TST, Team Tasks, etc.), and I was wondering if anyone had information about the role in the Army Air Corp listed above, I was told by my CSM that I have to put my job choice as Groundcrew and then tell them about my job choice in phase 1. Now, that doesn't sound right at all for me, why can't I just have the job I wanted on my application? I mean at the moment, my actual first two choices are for in the Signals (EW Sys Op, Comms Sys Eng) but I can't find my old GCSE certificates anywhere and rather than wait X amount of weeks for replacements and fork out almost £90 (ridiculous). I'd rather go with my third choice which I'm quite interested in.

I've come right off my topic so I'll just simplify everything. Is my CSM correct? Do I have to go in as Groundcrew and tell them my job choice in Phase 1 or can I go in with that job choice on my application?

For anyone wondering, link to the job role: https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/17/aviation-it-systems-operator

Any help would be insanely appreciated!

Thanks,

Pazzer

Hello guys,

I was just looking for a bit of information, I have recently completed selection with a B grade (my run wasn't the best but I made up for it in BARB/TST, Team Tasks, etc.), and I was wondering if anyone had information about the role in the Army Air Corp listed above, I was told by my CSM that I have to put my job choice as Groundcrew and then tell them about my job choice in phase 1. Now, that doesn't sound right at all for me, why can't I just have the job I wanted on my application? I mean at the moment, my actual first two choices are for in the Signals (EW Sys Op, Comms Sys Eng) but I can't find my old GCSE certificates anywhere and rather than wait X amount of weeks for replacements and fork out almost £90 (ridiculous). I'd rather go with my third choice which I'm quite interested in.

I've come right off my topic so I'll just simplify everything. Is my CSM correct? Do I have to go in as Groundcrew and tell them my job choice in Phase 1 or can I go in with that job choice on my application?

For anyone wondering, link to the job role: https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/17/aviation-it-systems-operator

Any help would be insanely appreciated!

Thanks,

Pazzer

Simply put it is because in Corps like the AAC, (also includes Regts like RA) you don't select a specific trade until in training. All AAC soldiers join as Groundcrew, as all RA soldiers join as Gunners. You will be assessed in training and then told what options are open to you. You may want to be an Aviation IT Sys Op but may not be suitable so will be offered a different path.

pazzer

Clanker
Thank you! That's literally all I wanted to know, my CSM kept dancing around it like she had no idea and searching on Google I couldn't find anything either. You've been an amazing help, one final question if you can answer it, since my choices are RSigs or AAC, what would you choose? I'm very interested in both but I'd like some ideas of other peoples opinions.

Last edited:
Thank you! That's literally all I wanted to know, my CSM kept dancing around it like she had no idea and searching on Google I couldn't find anything either. You've been an amazing help, one final question if you can answer it, since my choices are RSigs or AAC, what would you choose? I'm very interested in both but I'd like some ideas of other peoples opinions.

I am not in either so can't give you advice there. You need to follow what you think will be the best option for you.

Taita

Old-Salt
The idea of saving £90 and potentially ending in your third choice rather than first choice seems politely, ******* idiotic.

Join a technical corps.

Latest Threads