Average time scale between BARB and Basic?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by BREN, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright lads. Don't worry, this isn't a topic concerning electric toothbrushes or IBF Pro's joining the army :D.

I've got my BARB test booked/interview booked for the 19th of March and I'm wondering what would be an average time frame between doing the BARB test (and doing well, I hope) and being sent to basic training?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hows longs a piece of string?

Depends what you are joining, took me 6 weeks, from start to the Selection, and 4 weeks after that, I'm going to Basic. So for me 10 weeks.
    It took a friend of mine nearly 6 months, and another a year before he even went to Basic (Think something wasn't right there though).
    So your guess is as good as mine.
    Hope that helps. :twisted:

3. I done my B.A.R.B and got my interview two weeks later
    ring you carear's office and say has my medical form come through yet it will speed things up.
    i have got my selection on the 11th of this month and have been told i could be in basic by the end of the month. so ruffly about a month after B.A.R.B.
    like saturn said how long is a piece of string.....every ones will be different just allot of wateing for the army really.

4. I begun my application early November, and I have Selection on 10th of March, I had a few problems with my RG8 so assuming everything is fine for you first time you could have spot at an ATR in a few weeks.

5. How long is it usually between your second interview and going to selection?

6. same as above mate,,,depends when they can allocate a space for you and how long your medical takes to get back to them! iv been waiting 2 weeks now!

7. hi all.
    ive got my interview wednesday and my recruiter said i only have this interview then i go to adsc could anyone tell me how long i will have to wait after interview for my adsc date. thanks in advance.

8. I did my Barb around 7 months ago, still waiting to go on selection :p lol. There is no real time scale. When I was in last, I passed ADSC and 2 months later I was in basic. There were other guys on basic in my troop who had done ADSC approx 4 days before starting training. It all depends on in take dates etc.

9. Same with me, began in Oct.
    Had probs with RG8, but sorted.
    Selection on Monday.