Avalon Hill war gaming..........

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by PrinceAlbert, Jan 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do any of you arrsers know of Avalon Hill wargames? My elderly neighbour has a shit load of it, in excellent condition. I've seen it all, and it's quite a collection.

Anyway, he's looking to flog them on, as he's moving to the USA in a month or so.

Anyone interested?

The games are:

Squad Leader
    Cross of Iron
    Crescendo of Doom
    And one with GI in the title.

Apparently these are about 40 years old, and quite collectable.

Avalon Hill Official Home Page

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Warhammer for grown-ups! Excellent!

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

mmmm... Squad Leader. I spent part of a misspent youth playing that. If I remember the others are extension packs to the main game. Wouldn't have the patience these days, nor an opponent

4. PA - these were big in the late 70's and early 80's. If you were a teen then you might have find memories of reading the ads in various magazines, and wishing you were minted enough to buy all of them, let alone one. I think they cost something like £14.99 a game in 1982? Had a quick gander on ebay, and the prices range from a fiver to night on seventy notes for a still sealed game.

There does appear to be a brisk trade in the stuff though.

5. It appears so. I figured I'd see if any arrsers would be interested in them before they get slung on egay.

6. I have virtually EVERY AH board game made.As for the ones you mention,have a peek at boardgamegeek.com.Since all the Squad Leader stuff has recently been reprinted thay may best be sold to a collector,but i think they wont bring a fortune(unless they are unused)Also,he can email second chance games,they sell preowned board wargames.

Second Chance Games

7. Thanks, will take a look at those sites.