AV yes or no?

AV yes or no?

• Yes it's progressive, it's the future.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • No its to complicated, will lead to more underhand dealings.

Votes: 63 70.8%
  • Whats AV?

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
R

renamed_user

It is a losers plan to allow tree huggers and other useless non workers like the Lib dems to always get a place on the tax payer funded gravey train.

Why did Clogg not hold out for proportional representation?

Can't we just have a No button, there's F all complicated about it, still doesn't stop it being dog **** though.

Nice to see the Yes campaign crying all week that those for the No vote were up to dirty tricks and trying to personalize the campaign by turning it into a vote against Nick Clegg.
Up here in Jockland the only poster you seem to see is one that says "Cameron wants you to vote No".

I wouldn't run any PC on the internet without some sort of AV software installed. It would get infected by pretty quickly by sites used by criminals, terrorists, fraudsters, paedophiles and liberal democrats.

Bugger AV, it's a tossers charter. Much simpler idea - make it an offence not to vote, then you get a true result and the politicos cannot complain about the outcome. Might make the money grubbing bastards work harder to climb on the gravy train.

Bugger AV, it's a tossers charter. Much simpler idea - make it an offence not to vote, then you get a true result and the politicos cannot complain about the outcome. Might make the money grubbing bastards work harder to climb on the gravy train.
I don't think it very democratic to pass a law forcing people to vote for political scum that most of us clearly despise already. This will only make political scum more complacent in office. The last thing we need is the current shower of bastards in Westminster making up more laws to justify their existence.

AV probably would have the effect of making MPs work harder, but currently most are just into electioneering, and don't really do politics at all. Abolish political parties and whips and this might make them more accountable to their constituents. The real problem is that parliamentary politics is simply infested with the wrong sort of representatives.

My idea is nobody gets the constituency MP job unless they get 50% plus 1 vote of the electorate on a 50% plus 1 voter turnout. If you can't convince a majority of those who turn up at the poll to vote for you, then you don't get the job. Simples. If neither criteria are met, the election is to be re-run in 3-6 months time. If a re-run results in another stalemate, toss a ******* coin for the two largest polled and get on with it.

I don't think A.V would make M.Ps work harder for our votes, all it would result in is a bunch of tossers trying to be all things to all men with no discernable differences between the policies.