• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

AV or no AV!

This is the question?

I think AV will make this country more indecisive than it is already, more middle of the road mamby pamby nancy boy politics. .....and a very expensive system to boot.

Do we need it?

your left wing defence of AV replies welcome!!

No.

Refunding losing bets is something 'Paddy Power' do and not something the electoral system should.

One man, one vote, winner takes all.
Of course you could always have an each way bet with paddy though.

As for winner takes all - take a look at the actual total number of votes for the winning party in the past few elections. You may be suprised.

As for winner takes all - take a look at the actual total number of votes for the winning party in the past few elections. You may be suprised.
So would we want PR?! Balls to that, too. Have the right to recall MP's and open primaries so constituencies choose the candidates they want, not some shower of PC, box ticking idiots foisted on people by party leaders. Direct democracy is the only way to break the power of patronage and make politicos accountable to us.

Whet....wake up and tell us why this is good!

Ashie......This system will let you vote lots of times....but you are still a looser!

Haven't decided yet but I might just vote yes to be awkward. ;-)
I just wish we could have a 'None of the above' box tagged on to the bottom of the list of candidates, mind you I also think voting should be compulsory.

Haven't decided yet but I might just vote yes to be awkward. ;-)
I just wish we could have a 'None of the above' box tagged on to the bottom of the list of candidates, mind you I also think voting should be compulsory.
Never give the bastards more powers to persecute us. However, yes we should have a none of the above box. And the percentage of none of the above votes should be the percentage used to cut that MPs salary by! that'll 'incentivise' the thieving bastards, and won't bother one jot those few with principles.

I voted Yes in my postal ballot the other week.

I will be gutted if the no vote wins as I feel any chance of ever getting proper PR will be gone for a good 60 years at least, and we will be stuck with the Labour-Tory **** up cycle.

Not surpised at all as I check on winning margins etc, but it still does not alter that fact that the one with the most votes wins, and each and every voter gets an equal number of votes -ONE- with AV, the number of votes you get depends on the number of people standing for election in any given area..now that cant be right ..that Joe bloggs gets more votes than I do...The trouble in NI started because one group of the population got more votes per person than another!!!

Latest Threads