Autumn. Season of mellow fruitfulness.

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
A whiff of the Land that Taste Forgot about that thing. The roof is made of black bin liners. Is that all you could afford or is it to discourage Wombats from burrowing through and eating your brains?
Top grade roofing felt. Wombats? Dunno. It's Drop Bear proof though. High cam engine, leave yer Land Rover thing standing, with or without mudflaps.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sycamore snot. Weeds. Squirrels. Kids on skateboards. Lawn edging. The smell of decomposition from the woods. Truly, it is not easy owning a temporary garden structure.

Actually, that is not true. It's a hoot.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It's gone!

A whole season this year and we missed it.

Now I am a shedless person, it's not often I call here.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Now I am a shedless person, it's not often I call here.
"It isn't necessary to have one but rather just to think one."

Which was an advertisement for something or other years ago. Problem is I can't remember what the advertisement was for. Cigarettes or booze I suspect. Either that or it involved a suitably adorned nubile, attractive, female thingy.

The secret of happiness is to retire early, to be single, and to live in sheltered housing.
One does not then need a temporary outdoor structure for one's hobbies, pastimes and private moments; one's living room has an ample library, a workbench and tools, and one's kitchen is adequate for things like spray painting, metal bashing or whatever.
All in a comfortably warm indoors, without draughts nor spiders.

I'll look forward to Autumns much more than before.
Around 28 years back, our neighbour planted a sapling beech tree within a few feet of our path/garden.
There are some trees that need a forest, and some that are OK urban wise as we know.
This beech ended up a strapping 25foot tall or so, and year after year dumped it's seeds and leaves right over our sheds, onto the new Indian sandstone yard, gravel paths etc. Bloody lentil-sized seeds ( faazaands of em...faahzaands) got as far as all our interior window sills, carpets, even into our keyboards & washing machine.
Fekkin' cyclical seeding/Fall nightmare. Anyway, he carked it 5 years back, and finally the grumpy old widow ( who it appears is the only person on the planet to be bereaved) relented to have it destroyed yesterday. 2 hours with pro-team chain saws....job.
To give you an indication, we filled two "Brown Bins". with nature's fall -out yesterday just from our garden. Bastid thing.
Grrrrrr...

And.......breath.:oops:
There now ol son..."bless";)

Last edited:
The secret of happiness is to retire early, to be single, and to live in sheltered housing.
One does not then need a temporary outdoor structure for one's hobbies, pastimes and private moments; one's living room has an ample library, a workbench and tools, and one's kitchen is adequate for things like spray painting, metal bashing or whatever.
I seem to detect the odour of dried "4 day" piss here.:eek:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Most likely because he does not have a shed.
Sheds? Got 3 of 'em.
Got a 80's era cylinder Nilfisk that would suck the Titanic up.....so power line out to garden... and God knows how long sooking out beech tree shyte out my tools etc etc.
Then try & Karcher the mulches out of everything else.
If I'm honest, it will likely be better to get the landscape gardener back we used to build the garden, get all the white quartz gravel lifted, and buy fresh stuff. It's gone green & black in too many areas, but I'll try yon anti-mould stuff you get for patios first. SWMBO not too happy...bloody shame for her really.

I'll look forward to Autumns much more than before.
Around 28 years back, our neighbour planted a sapling beech tree within a few feet of our path/garden.
There are some trees that need a forest, and some that are OK urban wise as we know.
This beech ended up a strapping 25foot tall or so, and year after year dumped it's seeds and leaves right over our sheds, onto the new Indian sandstone yard, gravel paths etc. Bloody lentil-sized seeds ( faazaands of em...faahzaands) got as far as all our interior window sills, carpets, even into our keyboards & washing machine.
Fekkin' cyclical seeding/Fall nightmare. Anyway, he carked it 5 years back, and finally the grumpy old widow ( who it appears is the only person on the planet to be bereaved) relented to have it destroyed yesterday. 2 hours with pro-team chain saws....job.
To give you an indication, we filled two "Brown Bins". with nature's fall -out yesterday just from our garden. Bastid thing.
Grrrrrr...

And.......breath.:oops:
There now ol son..."bless";)
Oh dear, beech whips (saplings) sell for a quid each at one year old. You could have been a multi s*** man.

CFB

Oh dear, beech whips (saplings) sell for a quid each at one year old. You could have been a multi s*** man.

CFB
Life's a beech ain't it?

As a divorcee who managed to hang on to most of the assets, I almost own my own house and can do as I see fit in any room I like BUT I still have a s**d and wouldn't be without one. Temporary garden structures offer so much more than somewhere to escape to.