Autumn. Season of mellow fruitfulness.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hows your shed?

The paint on the outside if mine has been eaten to bits by slugs over the Summer. But on the bright side, I have paved the bit between the shed and the wall with paving stones.

I would post pics, but I am not allowed. Discussion of sheds is banned here. And quite right too.

Lets talk Autumn?

I must buy a new leaf-sucker.

I will keep it in my shed.

2. Buy a cheap rake instead. Then give said rake to the bob-a-job Scout when he knocks on your door looking to earn some money for his penny sweets and his copy of the Beano.
  3. You must have hardcore slugs if they chew the paint off your shed. Might your shed have shed?
  4. I hope not to be here for the autumn (nor the winter), but in my absence this year a nice flagstone path has been laid in my back garden from the conservatory to the .... shed. Which has been given a fresh coat of wood preservative. (The shed, not the conservatory).
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I have just acquired my first shed, and I'm very proud of it :D
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am now up to three sheds. It's becoming an expensive hobby.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OH NO.... SHEDS

8. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Then stop building the bleedin things - expense now spared ;o)
  9. Spring here, lovely it is too. The shed has had a bit of a tidy up and is all tickerty boo for the coming season.
  10. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I can't. It's a compulsion. A sort of shedmania.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I now live alone. I have a shed. There are scarey 'man' things in there that I have no idea. I believe one of the items to be a Router. There is also a metal too box, with weird and wonderful contraptions. I have absolutely no idea what to do with any of the items in my 'man' shed as I'm a girl.

Does anyone want anything, because I've probably got it in there. It's rammed to the door!
  12. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

What we must remember is

A shed is for life not just summer!
  13. I could re-arrange that last sentence if you want... :twisted: :p
  14. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

LOL - Youre braver that I, Ive lived her for 3 months and havent even opened the shed!!! Like women need such things ;o)
  15. If there is anything usefull in there you could put it up for sale on ebay and make a bob or two.