Autumn Kelly converts to CofE

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TangoFowerAlpha, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Telegraph

Bright girl. If they change the Act of Succession to the female line and anything happens to the Prince of Wales, we are a heartbeat away from having a Canadian Queen of England.

That should keep the Canuks happy. :D
  2. Tony Blair went the other way-Which Church got the better deal? Discuss
  3. You mean after:

1. HRH The Prince of Wales (The Prince Charles; b. 1948), son of Queen Elizabeth II
    2. HRH Prince William of Wales (b. 1982), son of The Prince of Wales
    3. HRH Prince Henry of Wales (b. 1984), son of The Prince of Wales
    4. HRH The Duke of York (The Prince Andrew; b. 1960), son of Queen Elizabeth II
    5. HRH Princess Beatrice of York (b. 1988), daughter of The Duke of York
    6. HRH Princess Eugenie of York (b. 1990), daughter of The Duke of York
    7. HRH The Earl of Wessex (The Prince Edward; b. 1964), son of Queen Elizabeth II
    8. James, Viscount Severn (legally HRH Prince James of Wessex; b. 2007), son of The Earl of Wessex
    9. Lady Louise Windsor (legally HRH Princess Louise of Wessex; b. 2003), daughter of The Earl of Wessex
    10. HRH The Princess Royal (The Princess Anne; b. 1950), daughter of Queen Elizabeth II

4. Think what happens if PoW dies before HM.
  5. If it went to the female line then the PR would be after William and Harry with Peter then being 4th - overtaking Andrew and Edward and thier kids.

If PoW departs before HM, William is Heir Apparent.
  6. Prince William becomes heir to the throne
  7. Yes, but the b@stard made sure we had Rowan Williams to deal with before he went all Romish on us. :x
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

How bizarre! Posh Canadian Totty changes cults to marry minor Royal, must be a slow news day!

Now that she is an Apostate I wonder if the Catholic Church will send the inquisition after her. In fact isn't apostasy punishable with death? Perhaps some of the more seriously faithful will even try and kill her.

Or am I confusing my cults? Maybe that is some other set of loons.

In answer to who had the better deal in this swap of Miss Kelly and Mr Blair I'd say Miss Kelly - Oh sorry which Church got the better deal? Definitely the Catholics. Tony actually believes in their drivel. He even has first hand coms with their imaginary friend. On the other hand whilst it's possible that Miss Kelly is a true believer in Anglicanism who coincidental betrothal to a member of the Royal family acted as a spur to her conversion, well, make your own mind up.

The real winners are those of us who have had another opportunity to laugh at the irrational.
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Good girl!
  10. Everyone shunts up one....
  11. Quote from the Torygraff article, "Canadian-born Miss Kelly had been given pastoral advice in Windsor for several months before deciding to convert." That must have taken about three seconds and probably been along the lines of "don't get caught". The pragmatic CofE don't seem to let religion, morals or theology get in the way of their "faith".

12. Oh, right, thanks, sorry :oops:
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Isn't that the Pentecostalists? Or am I mixing my cults up even more.
  14. What an embarrassingly pathetic thing to do. If you genuinely hold religious beliefs, how can the astronomically low prospect of your spouse's ascending the throne be reason enough to abandon them? Does this transatlantic tergiversatress think that anybody will take her 'conversion' seriously? Or was pressure put upon her? (Unlikely, to be fair.) Anyway, for the nutters out there who seriously think that Rome is still a threat, just wait till the boys from Mecca take over. There'll be no religious bed-hopping then, rest assured of that!
  15. How true. It's all a load of balls.

Cos it's some invisible spaghetti and meatballs flying in the sky really.