Automated Target System (Big Brown Box)

I'm hoping that someone here can refresh my memory? Does anyone now the name of a rifle zeroing system that was used on Electronic Target Ranges. All that I can remember is that it was bloody heavy to carry to the point and it regularly went tits up!!! As well as it being in a massive brown box which had to be wired into a jack on the firing point.

If I recall it had a 2D image of a round target and it registered your grouping and then you could work out how many clicks you needed to turn in order to zero one's rifle. In addition is it still in use today?

MODs please feel free to re-locate if this is more apt in Shooting Sports

Unfortunately not, I'm not familiar with that bad boy, I'm pretty sure it was in a big mahoosive brown box with one carrying handle and they where a sod to carry around. Just remembering that I was normally at the extemities of the range and would have to lug this piece of crap to my lane only to find out that it was US and repeat the process again.

Certainly sounds like it to me, only the ones we use are green, they are temperamental but very handy to have on ranges.

P

PrinceAlbert

Unfortunately not, I'm not familiar with that bad boy, I'm pretty sure it was in a big mahoosive brown box with one carrying handle and they where a sod to carry around. Just remembering that I was normally at the extemities of the range and would have to lug this piece of crap to my lane only to find out that it was US and repeat the process again.
They were a light brown color. Had a little TV screen etc inside. No idea what they're called though? Sorry

Yes we still use it on Castlelaw Ranges and also Barry Buddon I believe.

RMAS still have them. Was told it wasn't acoustics though. An 'invisible beam' apparently....

Meant to be being replaced across the Army at some point but due to £££....

According to the blurb on the box itself:

AMS
SUIS-ASCOR 9002

Control Unit:
Part No: CU92M
Printer;
Part No: D92M

SUIS AG
8307 EFFERTIKON
SWITZERLAND
Tel: 052 343 9191
Fax: 052 343 12 14

Hope this helps,

Steiner

As mentioned already its AMS
Still availible on anumber of ranges you just have to ask. Although you are meant to be trained on the system before, I got my qual for it on CMCQ with further training on incorporating it on to running a range on my 1 - 3 (LFMT)