Autocorrect and predictive awkwardness...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the time is right for a good Friday night selection of embarrassing things your modern technology has sent to people on your behalf.

I'll kick off with a couple of my own genuine boo-boos -

- Several times I have sent "kind retards" to people

- I once requested someone to call my "landmine"

- And the weirdest of all, I used the phrase "fart about" in the normal way, autocorrect changed "fart" to "Gary". I've never knowingly typed the name "Gary".... I think this was the most bizarre of all, certainly raised the most sniggers.

Over to you...

Toppet

Old-Salt
I typed the words "dull shite" and it changed it to:

I think the time is right for a good Friday night selection of embarrassing things your modern technology has sent to people on your behalf.

- And the weirdest of all, I used the phrase "fart about" in the normal way, autocorrect changed "fart" to "Gary". I've never knowingly typed the name "Gary".... I think this was the most bizarre of all, certainly raised the most sniggers.

Over to you...

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/posts/9575380/react?reaction_id=1

Without trying to remember specifics, the number of times I've replied to people with non-English language names without checking to see what the autocorrect has done to their names remains a major cause of embarrassment.:mad:

I once tried to answer quiz question.'Which 3 Queens will be visiting Liverpool this year?' Easy,Queen Mary,Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria.Last one came out as Queen Victor Meldrew. Doh

Pah ! speech to text , with a Doric / Scottish accent , Fit like ma loon = fillet the moon , Aye thats a fine piece = Buy that fire place, an soo en.
Even worse when Ive had a few , Oh and never talk aboot bee keeping in Doric, discussion of your foggy bummers may be misinterpreted

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I typed the words "dull shite" and it changed it to:

Over to you...

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/posts/9575380/react?reaction_id=1
Bless.

Remind us why you got hoofed again... ?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I once tried to answer quiz question.'Which 3 Queens will be visiting Liverpool this year?' Easy,Queen Mary,Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria.Last one came out as Queen Victor Meldrew. Doh
And the fourth Jarrod.

Old-Salt
My ipad has just been updated to iOS 13.1.2. If it was bad before, it is effing awful now. It doesn't seem to autocorrect any more... just picks any one of twenty six letters for each letter typed. Result = utter gdftlygourk.

manually correcting the blasted thing is tiresome

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
My ipad has just been updated to iOS 13.1.2. If it was bad before, it is effing awful now. It doesn't seem to autocorrect any more... just picks any one of twenty six letters for each letter typed. Result = utter gdftlygourk.

manually correcting the blasted thing is tiresome

I've a feeling I knob you ...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Ugly got upset because I pointed out that he was dimmer than a broken torch.

"TocH lamp" is, I believe, a more colourful and erudite phrase.

Did he tell you to get fucked?

I almost replied to one of our German clients offering "Fuhrer help" if they need it

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I excitedly told someone I was watching a Robin E Horsfall in my garden, which is embarrassingly walty...

Old-Salt
I've a feeling I knob you ...
You may feel that you knob me but i can assure you I have never been knobbed in my life. That is not about to change either so please divert your knob unwanted attentions elsewhere.

Out of curiosity only, are you undergoing gender reassignment?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 0
MrShanklysboots The NAAFI Bar 2

Latest Threads