Australias first female Major General

Just from this article.

To be honest, I know she fcuked up but she did admit it, like she said. In 28 years you will drop a b0110ck (or an ovum) surely. Losing a report on the death of a soldier is a touchy subject, but not that bad when compared to say, the names and addresses of the Aus SASR, or details of a new bit of kit.

What pain did she cause the family? Were the details released in papers or anything? Why would there be a cover up?

Although the bit where she says that the punishment was "probably appropriate" is a bit funny.

What are the "family friendly" strategies?

Is there more to this?

chocolate_frog said:
Just from this article.

To be honest, I know she fcuked up but she did admit it, like she said. In 28 years you will drop a b0110ck (or an ovum) surely. Losing a report on the death of a soldier is a touchy subject, but not that bad when compared to say, the names and addresses of the Aus SASR, or details of a new bit of kit.

What pain did she cause the family? Were the details released in papers or anything? Why would there be a cover up?

Although the bit where she says that the punishment was "probably appropriate" is a bit funny.

What are the "family friendly" strategies?

Is there more to this?
Ignore the family angle - it's a long and tedious story! While it may have been an "isolated" error, it was an error of fairly large ramifications. I just wonder if someone of a lesser rank had made a "proportionately” similar cock-up, would they have been promoted the following year?

The cynic in me suggests it may have something to so with the fact she's a split arse.

Like she says, everyone makes mistakes - General Colin Powell lost a pistol when he was a LT (Vietnam or Korea I think) and he did OK for himself.

Mmmm... nice rack!

Cough! Medals, er ribbons I mean :oops:

oldbaldy

LE
Nige said:
Like she says, everyone makes mistakes - General Colin Powell lost a pistol when he was a LT (Vietnam or Korea I think) and he did OK for himself.
And of course our own Lord West:
He was prosecuted for losing classified documents relating to naval cuts. The then Captain West told a court martial that they had slipped out of his pocket while he was walking a dog along a towpath near Reading. He had taken them without authorisation and delayed informing the MoD they were missing.

The documents were found and passed to a newspaper. West received a weak sentence, a severe reprimand, which time-expired before he became eligible for Flag Rank.

I on the other hand NEVER made a mistake or lost anything. Let's be real about this the last person who was perfect they crucified. and that's over 2000 years ago.