Australian terror suspect becomes UK citizen!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Taz_786, Dec 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yep, there has been lots in the press over here about him getting the passport just help get himself released as all British suspects have been let home. Interesting that the Aussie Government have said fcuk him – maybe they know something we don’t? A report in today’s Sydney Morning Herald says he would return to Australia – assuming he gets released – on his Aussie passport. That shows his commitment to his new found British citizenship, NOT.

I suspect he is barking up the wrong tree on this one. I don’t think there will be much if any public support for him in the UK, so why would the Government expend any efforts for a foreigner who merely wants to use the UK for convenience? As I understand it he has never even been there. So relying on UK authorities to get him out is probably a waste of time.

2. Not yet - it still may be appealed. In any event Hicks is charged with war crimes whereas the UK prisoners were not. How having a UK passport is going to help his case is debateble.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Good point. And now that - assuming he gets it - he has a UK passport doesn't that open him up to Treason charges? Fighting an ally etc. I'm sure there are others who can clarify the exact law.

4. As an Aussie,you are welcome to him in UK

5. Treason in this country ???? Its activley encouraged now along with homosexuality and a host of other things !! On a serious note I can,t see him being released if there is actual charges made against him. Thats if he does end up with a passport after any appeals. Personally I feel the fcuker should rot in hell.

Regards LT.