Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Terror Shooting

Of course there is the usual round of hand wringing. The ABC said Friday night "but one thing we can say, this is definitely not a terror related incident". So much for the ABC.
As the police investigation makes progress, an ABC presenter (Leigh Sales on the 7:30 Report today) called it a "terrorist incident". Now that's progress.

As the police investigation makes progress, an ABC presenter (Leigh Sales on the 7:30 Report today) called it a "terrorist incident". Now that's progress.

When tonight the ABC also report that the gun was handed over in the women's toilets of the Parramatta Mosque to avoid CCTV.

Unemployed Sydney teenager handed revolver to gunman in Parramatta Mosque, police allege

That represents massive progress.

The ABC - making an admission that feeds fuel to; and validates the position of the 'ban the burka' crowd?

It has to rate as the cluebat strike of the year.

I am astonished.

We've seen a bit of life's rich tapestry writ large.

Australian's generally are a tolerant lot.

I'm all for religious tolerance but this is just taking the piss. The gun exchange occurred in the women's dunnies to avoid CCTV?

For shame.

Tooling up a 15 year old lad in the girls toilets is pretty much as piss weak as any jihad ever got.

That is a gross abuse of religious tolerance. Further evidence that we are being gamed.

Come here by all means; "we are one - we are many and from all the lands we come..." Still holds true, we do it really well.

It is about respect for rule of law.

Don't be coming here shooting useful blokes from immigrant stock like Cheng for no good reason.

In fact, as a starting point, don't bother turning up without a valid visa.

The 'fair go' works both ways. Don't make yourself hard to love.

PS: To the Australian Islamic Community - Get yourself a new a new Grand Mufti. One that has been here for 17 years and still can't speak English, well - it just doesn't help.

Interesting that I was (or my source was) spot on. See my early posts on the topic.

I know quite a bit more about the situation but it is not appropriate to discuss at the moment -if ever.

But take note, the killer arrived in Australia as a refugee.

Also note that his family are connected to radical Islamists.

And take note that the police don't think its over yet.

We've seen a bit of life's rich tapestry writ large.

Australian's generally are a tolerant lot.

I'm all for religious tolerance but this is just taking the piss. The gun exchange occurred in the women's dunnies to avoid CCTV?

For shame.

Tooling up a 15 year old lad in the girls toilets is pretty much as piss weak as any jihad ever got.

That is a gross abuse of religious tolerance. Further evidence that we are being gamed.

Come here by all means; "we are one - we are many and from all the lands we come..." Still holds true, we do it really well.

It is about respect for rule of law.

Don't be coming here shooting useful blokes from immigrant stock like Cheng for no good reason.

In fact, as a starting point, don't bother turning up without a valid visa.

The 'fair go' works both ways. Don't make yourself hard to love.

PS: To the Australian Islamic Community - Get yourself a new a new Grand Mufti. One that has been here for 17 years and still can't speak English, well - it just doesn't help.
Agreed.

Something going on in the Blue Mtns. Being the west of Sydney though, it could just be bikies.

'A major police operation is under way in the Blue Mountains.

'Armed police and emergency services are on the scene after being called to Lurline Street in Katoomba about 11am on Tuesday.

'A NSW Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were responding to an ongoing operation but no further information was available at this time.'

Something going on in the Blue Mtns. Being the west of Sydney though, it could just be bikies.

'A major police operation is under way in the Blue Mountains.

'Armed police and emergency services are on the scene after being called to Lurline Street in Katoomba about 11am on Tuesday.

'A NSW Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were responding to an ongoing operation but no further information was available at this time.'

One man has been arrested after an armed stand off with police. No mention of anyone injured (as of writing this).

Not exactly a terrorist shooting, is it?

EDIT: A woman who was inside the building was threatened by the man but escaped. She's gone to hospital with minor injuries.

Last edited:
One man has been arrested after an armed stand off with police. No mention of anyone injured (as of writing this).

Not exactly a terrorist shooting, is it?

EDIT: A woman who was inside the building was threatened by the man but escaped. She's gone to hospital with minor injuries.
I hope the woman's Three Sisters are safe.