Australian Prison Break

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Postie, Jan 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard (on R4 10 am news)that a prisoner in Australia has gone on a crash diet and escaped from prison by squeezing trhoug the bars!!!!! :oops:

2. Now thats dedication!

Where did he get the inspiration? Bobby Sands? :D

3. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

4. I'd start looking for him at the nearest McDonalds and work out from there. Sorry but the story appears to have been embelished out of all proportion (there's a surprise). He didn't squeeze through the bars, an imposibility as no matter how much weight you lose your skull does not shrink. It appears he hacked away the wall beside the bars of the window and legged it. The guards must be right alert berts. I do not believe it is a max security prison at all.

5. I didn't realise they had prisons in Oz.

Surely the whole place is designated as a penal colony where transportees can live out a relatively useful life whilst not bothering the gentry of the Empire?

6. Ahh. You are clearly well read in our history and what you say is true. However we have a single prison in Sydney for the New Zealanders who visit.

7. From 'The Australian' newspaper

Full story at http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17868369%255E29677,00.html

8. I stand corrected, Long Bay jail is indeed a High security prison however they might want to upgrade the grout around the windows.

9. :( fook.....thought this thread was about a cheap holiday