Australian military court ruled unconstitutional

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Aug 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090826/ap_on_re_as/as_australia_military_justice

So what about other countries?

2. That's what I like to see, a Russian telling the rest of the world about justlice and the rule of law

3. The wouldn't know justice in that part of the world if it bit them on the arrse.

4. and in his ideologically induced short-sightedness failing to recognize that this is a prime example of democratic checks and balances in action.

5. I don't see any reasons to bound myself in usage of freedom of speech.

However, apparently you have seen in my post something that I didn't mean.

6. Are you talking about Russia or Australia?

7. Noboby's used the phrase Kangaroo Court yet.....

TAXI!

8. This is going to cause major issues, as if military infringements are taken from an administrative panel to civil jurisdiction, this will create a need for new procedures of evidence for a start. Cost will be another concern, and that are the minor issues.

Well done the High Court anyway. All that will probably happen now is that the Court will have to have independent Chairs presiding, possibly Federal Court judges.

9. We had a similar problem in UK, but the courts martial system continues with a few changes which are said to be sufficient to meet the independence requirement.