Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Defense Force selects Boeing AH-64E Guardian to replace the Tiger

Get a room, you two.

Not again, again!

alsace7.jpg

Resorting to a meme ? Are you 12 ?
Good tactics, always be evasive and change the subject when it becomes unpleasant. Also a special kind of cowardice, worthy of a French officer. If I were really twelve, you would have really embarrassed yourself now.
After all the stories about French heroism, how good the Tiger and NH-90 are and how the Americans preferred the excellent products of French engineering, I thought a meme was appropriate.

And don't forget Brexit.

Like Waterloo you mean. Good idea as long as we take all the credit again and just have you lot turning up at close of play like last time. A lot more believable though now after the ravages of Mutti and Tante Ursula inflickted on the Bundeswehr.
I'm content with that, but you have to take Macrons trusty dobbin Brigitte.

Replacement choppers? Scrap all that Airbus/Eurocopter stuff and start from zero:

AH-64/WAH-64 instead of Tiger
H-92/AW101 instead of NH-90.
There are your working and reliable helicopters.
Germany is responsible for 2 world wars, several genocides as well as the import of over a million migrants into Europe in just one century.

Get back into your box, ever since you were created you brought pain, misery and destruction to your neighbours.

FFS chaps take it to the Poo Poo head thread

And don't forget Brexit.

Like Waterloo you mean. Good idea as long as we take all the credit again and just have you lot turning up at close of play like last time. A lot more believable though now after the ravages of Mutti and Tante Ursula inflickted on the Bundeswehr.
Close of play? I think not.

Kings German Legion

At the Battle of Waterloo, the 2nd Light Battalion — with members of the 1st Light Battalion and the 5th Line Battalion — defended the farmhouse and road at "La Haye Sainte." As the 5th Line Battalion under Oberst Ompteda was on its way to reinforce the defenders of Haye Sainte, the French cavalry attached to Jean-Baptiste Drouet, Comte d'Erlon's Corp I rode them down; only a few of the intended relievers survived. After a six-hour defence, without ammunition, or reinforcements, the Germans were forced to abandon the farm, leaving the buildings in shambles and their dead behind.[11]

Legacy​

Return of the KGL to Hanover by Ernst Hildebrand

The Legion was known for its excellent discipline and fighting ability. The cavalry was reputed to be among the best in the British army.[12] According to the historian Alessandro Barbero, the King's German Legion "had such a high degree of professionalism that it was considered equal in every way to the best British units."[13] After the victory at Waterloo, the Electorate of Hanover was re-founded as the Kingdom of Hanover. However, the army of Hanover had been reconstituted even before the final battle, so that there were two Hanoverian armies in existence. In 1816 the Legion was dissolved and some officers and men were integrated into the new Hanoverian army.

Battle honours​

Infantry battalion Colours of the KGL.

Last edited:
That must have been heartbreaking....
No it wasn't, because it was a lie. Did the Americans ever deployed a French weapon system?
I know that they fielded the L7 as M68 as we did with the L7A3 and they took the Rh120 as M256. Then there was our TPZ1/A3 Fuchs as M93 Fox, but did they really ever take something French into service?

Oh big french toyboy officer goes all teary eyed on me, fascinating!
The first one wasn't Germanys responsiblity it was yours, eager for Revanche for your 1870/1871 debacle. The second one we did start and Where does the million migrants come from? From your shitty country's little wars in Africa and Northern Africa.
After some hundred years your shithole brought pain, misery and destruction to your neighbours you've got your medicine back and you didn't like the taste a bit.
Grande Nation? My arrse, greatest turd in humans history.
You may not have started the first one (heavily stressed may) but you were locked into a plan that had you go right flanking through a neutral country. Hardly cricket.

Last edited:
You may not have started the first one (heavily stressed may) but you were locked into a plan that had you go right flanking through a neutral country. Hardly cricket.
To be honest everyone started it, the Austrians, Russians, Germans, French and the British not to forget the Serbs.
They all wanted war and they all staggered into it like drunks. They were all convinced that after a few glorious battles and a little bang, bang, someone would give up. They all misjudged bitterly and thus laid the foundation for the Second World War.
The march through a neutral country is therefore almost a footnote.

The Schlieffen Plan was so watered down that it could no longer function and the political and military realities no longer corresponded to those at the time of its conception.
Whether the French would really have respected Belgian neutrality in an offensive against Germany, I don't know, but I dare to doubt it.

Pilgrim Progress. It's only 4 percent but it seems to be hitting home quick enough.

Also, salt and pepper Pop Chips. SWMBO discovered them. Really, really nice.

Got a curry for later. I'm going garlic chicken. And probably some more ale. Mebbes watch a film.
What film could be better than this?

To be honest everyone started it, the Austrians, Russians, Germans, French and the British not to forget the Serbs.
They all wanted war and they all staggered into it like drunks. They were all convinced that after a few glorious battles and a little bang, bang, someone would give up. They all misjudged bitterly and thus laid the foundation for the Second World War.
The march through a neutral country is therefore almost a footnote.

The Schlieffen Plan was so watered down that it could no longer function and the political and military realities no longer corresponded to those at the time of its conception.
Whether the French would really have respected Belgian neutrality in an offensive against Germany, I don't know, but I dare to doubt it.
Bull shite pure and utter bovine liquid waste
only a German would deny the sins of their fatherland

call it empire envy, when they built one they committed genocide to prove they were just as brutal as the Belgians

Laying the blame squarely at Metternich whose ideas led Bismarck to fighting the Austrians Danes & frogs

btw you Cnuts couldn’t even take Moscow something the frogs did....

No it wasn't, because it was a lie. Did the Americans ever deployed a French weapon system?
I know that they fielded the L7 as M68 as we did with the L7A3 and they took the Rh120 as M256. Then there was our TPZ1/A3 Fuchs as M93 Fox, but did they really ever take something French into service?

Ever? If we ignore the Chauchat...
M1897 75mm cannon (AKA The French 75, before it became a drink) Mounted here in an M3 tank destroyer.
6334a89a4c5dad3ae30de84f953b33ea.jpg

When modified to have a sliding breech block instead of the hinged one to become the 75mm guns M2 and M3, would be found as the primary weapon system of the M3 and M4 medium tank.
urejHwLloLayGKKZDGSQ5_nygeNoVUmowi6-RaCH4AIYiE4oTDUkUHeNbbjLnE8TG_v-T0jXTdDNYZxNtxV16on7_0YeuU0aw6kMg8zUIPyvLA

Not that the use of French armor was new. Renaults (and their derivatives) made up the bulk of the US's armor force.
Here's Patton.
1200px-George_S._Patton_-_France_-_1918.jpg

Not a weapon system, but in use with the Armed Services
us-coast-air-station-miami.jpg

You can argue the Frenchness of Eurocopter.
original.jpg

But the Matra Durandal (BLU-107 in US service) is definitely French.
p0130679-jpg.171192

Granted, Euromissile's Roland wasn't an outstanding success, only one battalion fielded by the US.
Roland_tank_01.jpg

The US Marine M327 120mm rifled mortar was basically the French F1.
1280px-M327_120mm_Mortar.jpg

There's probably more.

Last edited:
Bull shite pure and utter bovine liquid waste
only a German would deny the sins of their fatherland

call it empire envy, when they built one they committed genocide to prove they were just as brutal as the Belgians

Laying the blame squarely at Metternich whose ideas led Bismarck to fighting the Austrians Danes & frogs

btw you Cnuts couldn’t even take Moscow something the frogs did....
Ah yes, really fascinating.
Could you, of course only as far as for you possible, sort your thoughts and repeat the whole thing again in complete and comprehensible sentences?
Thank you for your cooperation.

Ever? If we ignore the Chauchat...
M1897 75mm cannon (AKA The French 75, before it became a drink) Mounted here in an M3 tank destroyer.
6334a89a4c5dad3ae30de84f953b33ea.jpg

When modified to have a sliding breech block instead of the hinged one to become the 75mm guns M2 and M3, would be found as the primary weapon system of the M3 and M4 medium tank.
urejHwLloLayGKKZDGSQ5_nygeNoVUmowi6-RaCH4AIYiE4oTDUkUHeNbbjLnE8TG_v-T0jXTdDNYZxNtxV16on7_0YeuU0aw6kMg8zUIPyvLA

Not that the use of French armor was new. Renaults (and their derivatives) made up the bulk of the US's armor force.
Here's Patton.
1200px-George_S._Patton_-_France_-_1918.jpg

Not a weapon system, but in use with the Armed Services
us-coast-air-station-miami.jpg

You can argue the Frenchness of Eurocopter.
original.jpg

But the Matra Durandal (BLU-107 in US service) is definitely French.
p0130679-jpg.171192

Granted, Euromissile's Roland wasn't an outstanding success, only one battalion fielded by the US.
Roland_tank_01.jpg

The US Marine M327 120mm rifled mortar was basically the French F1.
1280px-M327_120mm_Mortar.jpg

There's probably more.
And this answers my question. Never had thought that the US adopted so much foreign equipment.

Ah yes, really fascinating.
Could you, of course only as far as for you possible, sort your thoughts and repeat the whole thing again in complete and comprehensible sentences?
Thank you for your cooperation.
Get a dna test to see who in Russia are your relations ;)

Get a dna test to see who in Russia are your relations ;)
Well that is simple, no one. No russians in my part of the country until 1990/1991. But that really wasn't what you tried to express.
Sorry, I really didn't understand what you wanted to say, but I better let it go. It didn't look like there was much substance in it.

And this answers my question. Never had thought that the US adopted so much foreign equipment.
We buy all sorts of foreign equipment, but it’s not obvious because, even if we don’t modify it, we still rename it, and secondly, if its more than a couple of items (such as the Pandur APC from Austria) for strategic reasons it must be made in North America.

Thus the Marine LAV-25 and US Army Stryker are Swiss MOWAG pirhanas, the new standard pistol, the M17 is a Swiss SIG, (replacing the M9, the Italian Beretta) Belgian FN have the M249 and M240 (Minimi and MAG), Norway sent us the AGM119 anti-ship missile (penguin) and the Kongsberg RWS, the 105mm Light Gun from the UK is known as the M119, the Israelis have sent us bits and bobs like Trophy APS or AGM 142 missile (Popeye)l the Carl Gustaf 84mm is back in vogue, together with the AT4. That’s before you get to smaller things like German tank ammo in Marine M1s (RIP), Martin Baker (UK) ejection seats, Parrot (French) drones, and the like.

Not-invented-here syndrome is grossly overstated. Often times foreign equipment doesn’t get selected simply because it was originally built to meet foreign requirements, not American ones, which may give the impression of NIH, but if foreign stuff does the job, we will happily use it. US military contracts are normally plenty big enough for a foreign manufacturer to justify building a production line in the US to meet the legal requirements.