Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Defense Force selects Boeing AH-64E Guardian to replace the Tiger

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Tigre works for some -The French have proved that. Certainly the optical sensor fit is very good, the weapons work and it has provided valuable support to ground troops in Afghanistan etc. For a country that's often accused of being risk adverse, they do a lot of fighting with it, far more than anyone else with it. What it doesn't have is the Longbow radar and I suspect various black boxes that allow it to network with other allied helos. Is that a major downside ? Yes if you are going to be operating with the conflict majority shareholder - Uncle Sam - as a "network aware" asset and all that mullarkey. Now, would the good old US allow that functionality to be implemented on a commercial rival ? Especially those outside the old trusty collective ? Be an interesting exercise.
For the Australians, there is no point in putting right a variant which may be out on a limb in a conflict with regards other allied airborne assets regarding interoperability and spares.
This.

See also our decision on the AH-64E and the P-8 versus the Kawasaki P-1.

Yarra

War Hero
Tigre works for some -The French have proved that. Certainly the optical sensor fit is very good, the weapons work and it has provided valuable support to ground troops in Afghanistan etc. For a country that's often accused of being risk adverse, they do a lot of fighting with it, far more than anyone else with it. What it doesn't have is the Longbow radar and I suspect various black boxes that allow it to network with other allied helos. Is that a major downside ? Yes if you are going to be operating with the conflict majority shareholder - Uncle Sam - as a "network aware" asset and all that mullarkey. Now, would the good old US allow that functionality to be implemented on a commercial rival ? Especially those outside the old trusty collective ? Be an interesting exercise.
For the Australians, there is no point in putting right a variant which may be out on a limb in a conflict with regards other allied airborne assets regarding interoperability and spares.
Yep, 3 Eyes trump all atm.

You do realise the Germans are renown for genocide the world over.
At least the French gave the world champagne and Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot

plus the actual locations for a decent flic

View attachment 539768
So what? Implying Godwin's law and I shit my pants like a poilu which sees 10th Panzer Divison coming at him?
So the french gave the world some bubbly shit and a Blonde. Well we have hundred thousands of them many looking better than Bardot. Einstein, Kant, Bach, Gutenberg and Mozart were Germans and no one really doubts what they gave the world.

Should we really start a shiitflinging match? If you dig long enough, you find all this dark spots no one likes to talk about.
French:
Petain, Napoleon and his near genocidal war in Spain, the atrocities in the war of Algerian independence the list is long but it can be topped.

British: First concentration camps in the Boer war, Massacre of Amritsar, in the Mau Mau uprising and even in the Revolutionary war in the Americas the list of atrocities ist long, and I even didn't mention Ireland.

It is quite simple, I wasn't part of conducting the holocaust and I'm not responsible for it, as all the people here, even you and fantassin are not responsible for the atrocities and crimes their countries conducted in the past. The only responsibility I have is that this never happens again from German soil.

So you won't lure me out from behind the stove with the usual "You evil Nazi German you". You'll have to try a little harder.
But I think you already trying to hard.

So what? Implying Godwin's law and I shit my pants like a poilu which sees 10th Panzer Divison coming at him?
So the french gave the world some bubbly shit and a Blonde. Well we have hundred thousands of them many looking better than Bardot. Einstein, Kant, Bach, Gutenberg and Mozart were Germans and no one really doubts what they gave the world.

Should we really start a shiitflinging match? If you dig long enough, you find all this dark spots no one likes to talk about.
French:
Petain, Napoleon and his near genocidal war in Spain, the atrocities in the war of Algerian independence the list is long but it can be topped.

British: First concentration camps in the Boer war, Massacre of Amritsar, in the Mau Mau uprising and even in the Revolutionary war in the Americas the list of atrocities ist long, and I even didn't mention Ireland.

It is quite simple, I wasn't part of conducting the holocaust and I'm not responsible for it, as all the people here, even you and fantassin are not responsible for the atrocities and crimes their countries conducted in the past. The only responsibility I have is that this never happens again from German soil.

So you won't lure me out from behind the stove with the usual "You evil Nazi German you". You'll have to try a little harder.

FYI
concentration camps were first used by the Spanish
&
Deutsch-Südwestafrika

anyhow back to replacement choppers
or as they say in germany

ich ergebe mich

FYI
concentration camps were first used by the Spanish
&
Deutsch-Südwestafrika

anyhow back to replacement choppers
or as they say in germany

ich ergebe mich
Replacement choppers? Scrap all that Airbus/Eurocopter stuff and start from zero:

AH-64/WAH-64 instead of Tiger
H-92/AW101 instead of NH-90.
There are your working and reliable helicopters.

French:

Germany is responsible for 2 world wars, several genocides as well as the import of over a million migrants into Europe in just one century.

Get back into your box, ever since you were created you brought pain, misery and destruction to your neighbours.

Germany is responsible for 2 world wars, several genocides as well as the import of over a million migrants into Europe in just one century.

Get back into your box, ever since you were created you brought pain, misery and destruction to your neighbours.
A Franco-German cnut-off live on Arrse. I'm loving this.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
What a surprise.

From a German officer "we will not pollute our Tigre with a shit French cannon".

Guess which weapon does 95% of the killing on French Tigre.

Years after, the Chermans tried to integrate a 12,7 mm gun pod to compensate for that stupid decision.....

Who are these Chermans?.

Ze Germans call the Tigre the Tiger.

For a long while the Bundeswehr would not accept them from Eurocopter (as it then was) and they were stored in a disused warehouse near Donauwörth.

Oh big french toyboy officer goes all teary eyed on me, fascinating!
The first one wasn't Germanys responsiblity it was yours, eager for Revanche for your 1870/1871 debacle. The second one we did start and Where does the million migrants come from? From your shitty country's little wars in Africa and Northern Africa.
After some hundred years your shithole brought pain, misery and destruction to your neighbours you've got your medicine back and you didn't like the taste a bit.
Grande Nation? My arrse, greatest turd in humans history.

A Franco-German cnut-off live on Arrse. I'm loving this.
No real cnut-off. Surrender monkey man takes himself to serious and is self-important beyond belief. Slap him a bit around the head, insult his shithole country, make some derogatory comments and he goes all teary eyed and fanatical. In the meantime I have a good laugh. Headology always works on this arrogant, plumped up Frogs.

What a surprise.

From a German officer "we will not pollute our Tigre with a shit French cannon".

Guess which weapon does 95% of the killing on French Tigre.

Years after, the Chermans tried to integrate a 12,7 mm gun pod to compensate for that stupid decision.....
This decision was made because they weren't satisfied with the GIAT 30. Recoil, Accuracy and Range weren't that what they expected. For some time they thought about putting Mauser's RMK 30, a much better weapon engineered by much better standards, on the Tiger but that sadly wasn't viable.
I dearly hope they come to an understanding with the Americans and replace the Tiger with a better working model like the AH-64E. Next in line would then be the NH-90 and maybe, just maybe they scrap this idiotic idea of a franco-german MBT.

QRK2

LE
Actually, looking at this thread through the prism of a wine glass, I'm quite enjoying it at the moment.

Just off to get some snacks. I'll be back in a minute.

I'm with you, frankly it's a relief that in this case we don't have to step in to rescue of one side or the other like we have so often over the past 300 odd years.

Latest Threads