Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Defense Force selects Boeing AH-64E Guardian to replace the Tiger

Ok, so we continue with "this". No I've never operated one of the vaunted "MWPs" (Multiple White Flag Projector" of the French Army, but I was on "operations" in the lovely country of Kosovo and I didn't like it a bit, because all the locals are mad as a French officer who just can't
admit that he spread a bit of rubbish. Your constant throwing of smoke grenades, your constant evasion and also your constant changing of topics do not change the facts.

All that you regurgitate has already been mentioned in the various articles and it still remains that France also has technical problems, as well as problems with the reliability of the Tiger.

Like you, I could make one or two sarcastic jokes about 13 dead French soldiers who died in a collision between a Tiger and a Cougar, but all I can think is "Poor bastards!" There are no enemies in cemeteries and definitely no room for antipathy either.

To come back to you and my "inferiority complex" that you diagnosed, if you're not constantly on strike and counting down the days to early retirement, investigations like mine take 10 or 15 minutes at most.

With you, however, I wonder if they really let you loose on living people. With your whole manner and your whole behaviour you only show that you are incapable of criticism and unteachable. Officers like you are dangerous, for operations and for the lives of your men, but people like you exist in all armies.
In my time, both enlisted men and non-commissioned officers laughed our heads off at people like you. When things got serious, they were less funny.

Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must.

But they probably only let you command a desk that is responsible for ordering toilet paper or athlete's foot remedies.
You crétin.
Oh Dear. The ceasefire has broken down and hostilities have resumed. Next stop Paris and the Channel ports.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Oh dearie, dearie me.
You saw straight through my little game. And I really thought I could pull the wool over the eyes of that nice French man, but as a true and migthy french orificer you have put me in my place with just one photo. Well, I would have expected at least one of your amazing films.

So it has something to do with the incompetence and inefficiency of the French army and not with Eurocopter's cobbled together junk? All the other nice French men did lie? You are the only one which told the truth?

Oh, what I forgot to mention, I didn't invent the truly delightful Colette to fuck-up your tiny brain.
She was and hopefully is real and in good health. In addition to all the things I mentioned, she also created a certain interest in the French language in me. I'm not very good at it, but I can do a bit of Google searching and text reading.

You said: "The situation described there is no longer valid even though some improvement remain necessary." Are you sure you want to stick with this?
Because there is this little article from November 2019

L'inquiétant taux de disponibilité de nos hélicoptères militaires
Some of the points it makes are:
"Most of the 13 types of helicopters in the French army have an availability rate of around 30 to 40%. This is due to technical and maintenance problems...

The French army's helicopter fleet is in decline. On 2 July, the Armed Forces Ministry replied to a written question dated 8 January 2019 and issued by LR deputy François Cornut-Gentille. He wondered about the availability of military helicopters in 2018, in other words their ability to carry out at least one mission 6 hours before it takes place. Answer: not one of the 13 types of helicopters reaches an availability rate of 50%.
Of course, the figures are averages, with helicopters deployed for external operations (OPEX) showing higher rates than those remaining on national territory....

Next come the Tiger HAP and Tiger HAD (ground target attack helicopters) with respective rates of 28.1% and 30.2% for a joint maintenance expenditure of €90.1 million....

The low availability of the French army's military helicopters is mainly due to technical and maintenance problems. For example, the NH-90 TTHs and NH-90 NFHs (heavy helicopters chasing submarines) require 30 hours of maintenance for a single hour of flight time,..."

And there are other reports that say exactly the same.

Petit mec, ton pantalon brûle si fort que tu peux le voir jusqu'à Compiègne.

I really have to congratulate the French Army, it only took 3 years to go from just 24% availability to 28 % or 30%. So in one or two decades the problem will be solved because the Eurocopter junk has corroded away.
Exceedingly well done!

And here we are again, a former (I insist on that) reserve NCO and a truly outstanding French officer who has nothing better to do than bend over, seek support and get his bowels bend.
May i mention that vous avez un postérieur très hospitalier?

Ah wait I have also a funny movie to post.
@fantassin get all emotional when you remind him of the lack of strategic lift his country has, oh and one aircraft carrier that doesn’t have 5th gen airframes. Don’t mention SH as he definitely doesn’t like to be reminded his country wanted the UK to pay for fuel it used in support of french ops in Mali.

Oh and he hates everything American. But they did buy the HK416.

If you believe the AU news media today (Sky and FT), the Australian next-generation sub programme is in trouble. The French have over promised and under delivered according to reports. 80 billion dollar programme being reviewed. Stalking horse being a Collins 2. The Aussie’s should have gone with the Japs - attention to detail is their defining mantra.

Is that so ? The AUS defence minister has just said the exact contrary

Ah those damn doors...they are only wide enough on French NH90s....

Esppi6BWMAApV6M.jpeg

Ah those damn doors...they are only wide enough on French NH90s....

View attachment 543249
Just learn to read frog mug and not only to be arrogant and daft or in short French.

"Defence has admitted the door on its multi-role Taipan helicopters is too narrow to allow its gun to fire while troops are descending from the aircraft."

Those two, they are doing the typical french thing, either they are on strike, waiting to get pensioned off, are simply idle or searching for some "Anglo-Saxons" or Germans they can blame.
They are definitely not descending.

Just learn to read frog mug and not only to be arrogant and daft or in short French.

"Defence has admitted the door on its multi-role Taipan helicopters is too narrow to allow its gun to fire while troops are descending from the aircraft."

Those two, they are doing the typical french thing, either they are on strike, waiting to get pensioned off, are simply idle or searching for some "Anglo-Saxons" or Germans they can blame.
They are definitely not descending.

A German talking about troops being idles. Now that's expert's talks. 76 years of doing fcuk all.

Meanwhile...

Looking at the nh90 door.
How big does it have to be ? Looks about the same as a puma.
it doesn't look that small. I could certainly pile out of it, even now with me ginsters gut. Is something being lost in translation ? Are they are talking about troops legging it out will hinder arcs of fire because the gunner will have to move into the path of the blokes exiting ?

A German talking about troops being idles. Now that's expert's talks. 76 years of doing fcuk all.

Meanwhile...

This from a frog mug whose country has cowardly withdrawn from NATO for several decades and let others do the dirty work. It was comfortable to sit in France, go on strike and wait for the pension while the British, Germans, Americans, Belgians, Canadians, Dutch and all the other partners in Germany prevented World War 3. Well you managed, 10 years after the end of the Cold War, to take down the white flag, crawl out of the bunker and rejoin the NATO command structure.

And French propaganda films don't make things any better, the probability that a war crime took place is not exactly low.
Will UN probe into Mali crimes examine France’s role in the conflict?

Even the french GILF molester isn't amused:
6XUWLM4ZUFHH3EXJZN5HVG2KHU.jpg

Looking at the nh90 door.
How big does it have to be ? Looks about the same as a puma.
it doesn't look that small. I could certainly pile out of it, even now with me ginsters gut. Is something being lost in translation ? Are they are talking about troops legging it out will hinder arcs of fire because the gunner will have to move into the path of the blokes exiting ?
As it is, you can jump out of there in full war paint without any problems, except when the doorgunner is in the way with his machine gun and also wants to shoot at targets. Now he was smart enough to post a picture from a favourable angle with the 7.62 MG. With the M3M it looks a bit worse and with the minigun as Photex's picture shows it doesn't look any better.
d161026ek10077.jpg

But help ist on the way. The French realised that they need a better suited version of the NH-90:

France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces

As it is, you can jump out of there in full war paint without any problems, except when the doorgunner is in the way with his machine gun and also wants to shoot at targets. Now he was smart enough to post a picture from a favourable angle with the 7.62 MG. With the M3M it looks a bit worse and with the minigun as Photex's picture shows it doesn't look any better.
d161026ek10077.jpg

But help ist on the way. The French realised that they need a better suited version of the NH-90:

ah, so use the back door rather than the honest, it’s not only big enough for the door gunner side doors.

This from a frog mug whose country has cowardly withdrawn from NATO for several decades and let others do the dirty work. It was comfortable to sit in France, go on strike and wait for the pension while the British, Germans, Americans, Belgians, Canadians, Dutch and all the other partners in Germany prevented World War 3. Well you managed, 10 years after the end of the Cold War, to take down the white flag, crawl out of the bunker and rejoin the NATO command structure.

And French propaganda films don't make things any better, the probability that a war crime took place is not exactly low.
Will UN probe into Mali crimes examine France’s role in the conflict?

Even the french GILF molester isn't amused:
6XUWLM4ZUFHH3EXJZN5HVG2KHU.jpg

Your ignorance has no limit.

France never left NATO and has zero cases in the Hague in spite if being Europe's most active military.

How much did you pay and how many time did you apologise for that fuel truck in AFG ? Not that incinerating women and children is anything new for you though....but burning alive 90 civilians in one go, that's what l call respecting the finest cherman military traditions !

Last edited:
d161026ek10077.jpg

Ah ! Chermans looking all wary but nice and clean, on the ground, far from harm. As usual.

NH90FS is a dedicated version answering specific needs that were highlighted by operational LIs. Something the Chermans would have no idea about.

Latest Threads