Australian Defence Force ban on male recruits

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 184461, Aug 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 184461

184461 On ROPs

You have to wonder if this is just smoke to distract from the Aussie Commonwealth Bank being caught-out a few days ago with 53,000 contraventions of money laundering/ anti-terrorist legislation since 2012
    Commonwealth Bank accused of 53,000 contraventions of money laundering laws
    Or smoke to distract from the fact that last week it was reported that Au has the highest power bills on the planet and there's nothing the govt are actually going to do about it.
    Highest electricity prices in the world are in Australia

I bring you the face of the new ADF, in breach of their own equal opportunity directive (Sex Discrimination Act 1984 - Wikipedia) but ,hey,what could possibly go wrong here?

[​IMG]

Australian Army reportedly shuns male recruits in favour of women

2. Has that horizontal pipe been replaced with one of smaller diameter?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Not a good picture to illustrate the article.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 184461

184461 On ROPs

I was looking for a phot of Aussie mingers in uniform but couldn't find one.
    This any better?
    upload_2017-8-11_14-23-30.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. (Shudders).

• Like Like x 1
  6. From The Australian:

Men are reportedly losing out on jobs in the Australian Defence Force as it looks to boost the number of women in its ranks.

Staff have been told to recruit only women, including in frontline combat roles, under threat of being reassigned if they ignore the directive, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Of 50 Army jobs posted this week, only 15 are available to men. The navy and air force are facing similar quotas. Only one of 18 navy jobs listed for the next six months is open to men and the air force has none at all.

Bernie Gaynor, a former Army officer and Australian Conservatives party member, says the ADF’s “politically correct policies have gone beyond bonkers. “It is now openly discriminating against males for its combat roles in the Army,” he told The Telegraph.

Nocookies

7. No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

How about an alternate headline of: Australian General Disappears up his own Supercilious Arrse ....... Again

Seriously we thought CFA was unique in his virtue signalling BS, this bloke is worse by some degree. Any hint of a recruiting freeze takes years to recover from as the British Army has found out in the past.

Alienating 50% of the population and banning 90% of your recruits from joining will only have one effect - a serious draw down on recruits. I think this Aussie general is trying to pull something here, by banning 90% of his recruits, the Army gets dramatically smaller quickly and thus, the female proportion goes up dramatically and he hits target ..... gets his medal or cushy Ambassadorship, government non job whatever.

The point that what he has done is fundamentally dishonest and highly destructive and in total departure to what he is paid to deliver will have no impact on these Virtue Warriors.

I'll bet he is just hacked off that the press have rumbled him.

Their Defence Minister must be weak as pee to allow this to happen..

• Like Like x 4
  8. You would if you were stuck in the outback on your own, and no one would find out!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Particularly since she is USMC

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. With all due respect (and we all know what that means) I disagree. And (in this case) I know what I'm talking about :)

11. The defence minister (female in case you weren't sure)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What on earth have these two examples that you have linked got to do with Aus Army recruiting?
    Absolutely nothing I would contend.

13. 184461

184461 On ROPs

They have nothing at all to do with ADF and everything to do with providing a deception.
    Everybody's talking about this little story and not talking about much,much more serious matters.
    It's as if the Aussie media is in bed with the Aussie govt or sumfink.
    Who'd have thunk it?

14. Recruiting matters in the ADF are the probably least important thing in medialand.
    It will run its very short course, and the media will be onto the next big thing, as they see it.