Australian Chavs/Scousers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Jun 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PALMERSTON has missed out on a place on a prestigious list of Australia's most bogan towns and people have taken to the internet to defend her honour.

The list identifying Australia's top 10 bogan suburbs was published on News Limited online discussion site The Punch, but the Territory's favourite satellite city was nowhere to be seen.

Humpty Doo and Bees Creek also missed out on being named in the exalted company of Moe and Dandenong in Victoria, Albion Park and Wyoming in NSW, Ipswich in Queensland and Salisbury in SA.

One reader calling themself 'SB' called the satellite city "Palmy-slum" and said it's the "tennage single mother capital of Australia" - we assume they meant "teenage".

"They actually have pram racks out the front of pubs instead of bike racks, and every pub has topless barmaids (all over the age of 40) in every pub during the day," SB said. "Bogans, booners and minders galore!"

Another reader, calling themself 'Scarlet', was similarly flattering: "Palmerston is a lay-down misere for the NT title on the basis that the residents of Humpty Doo don't qualify as human, mostly," they said.

Bogan suburbs appear to be characterised by such indicators as flannelette shirts, mullet haircuts, teenage parents, pub violence, broken down cars in the front yard, and signs hanging from footbridges saying "Happy 18th Shazza luv Daz & da Kids".

A reader called 'B' stood up for the Top End, taking their view a bit further away from the city: "Am a little disappointed it took Palmer-slum so long to rate a mention, but I guess with so many willing contenders south of the Berrimah line (Humpty Doo, Noonamah) it's all relative. It's a place where you have your around-the-house blue shearer's singlet and your formal one."

Depending on where you come from, bogans are also referred to as booners, westies, or bevans.

The conversation also produced some ventings of bogan pride and a debate about who qualifies. Reader Paul weighed in, saying: "Driving a particular car doesn't make you bogan. Being a bogan is a whole lifestyle."
    Top End bogans hit back after poll snubbing | News | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au

2. I'm sorry, I only speak English. I don't understand colonial.

3. TRANSLATION

PALMERSTON (near DARWIN) has missed out on a place on a prestigious list of Australia's most chav towns and people have taken to the internet to defend her honour.

The list identifying Australia's top 10 chav suburbs was published on News Limited online discussion site The Punch, but the Territory's favourite satellite city was nowhere to be seen.

Humpty Doo and Bees Creek also missed out on being named in the exalted company of Moe and Dandenong in Victoria, Albion Park and Wyoming in NSW, Ipswich in Queensland and Salisbury in SA.

One reader calling themself 'SB' called the satellite city "Palmy-slum" and said it's the "tennage single mother capital of Australia" - we assume they meant "teenage".

"They actually have pram racks out the front of pubs instead of bike racks, and every pub has topless barmaids (all over the age of 40) in every pub during the day," SB said. "Chavs, booners and minders galore!"

Another reader, calling themself 'Scarlet', was similarly flattering: "Palmerston is a lay-down misere for the NT title on the basis that the residents of Humpty Doo don't qualify as human, mostly," they said.

Chav suburbs appear to be characterised by such indicators as flannelette shirts, mullet haircuts, teenage parents, pub violence, broken down cars in the front yard, and signs hanging from footbridges saying "Happy 18th Shazza luv Daz & da Kids".

A reader called 'B' stood up for the Top End, taking their view a bit further away from the city: "Am a little disappointed it took Palmer-slum so long to rate a mention, but I guess with so many willing contenders south of the Berrimah line (Humpty Doo, Noonamah) it's all relative. It's a place where you have your around-the-house blue shearer's singlet and your formal one."

Depending on where you come from, chavs are also referred to as booners, westies, or bevans.

The conversation also produced some ventings of chav pride and a debate about who qualifies. Reader Paul weighed in, saying: "Driving a particular car doesn't make you chav. Being a chav is a whole lifestyle."

4. Don't really care what the inmates of HMP Oceania have to say

5. What does this have to do with scousers?

I've seen enough Oz, non-story cut and paste jobs for one day me thinks. :roll:

6. Oh ye ancient island phillistines!just because some of us are lucky enough to have escaped the rain,unemployment,flatcaps(We brought the whippet with us), and have settled among our colonial brethren, as far as scouses are concerned, lots of the inmates of australian institutions are scouses, apologies for my slip of the tongue force of habit I suppose Imeant to say most of the staff are liverpudlian,quite a few lancashire policeman working in brisbane too, but dont worry!! as an expat I still like to return every couple of years or so and visit parts of my military memorabilia which were nicked in warrington , and are now on display locally,

7. It appears that you have left some of your punctuation marks back in Old Blighty :)

8. They were confiscated at customs. They're quite strict here.

9. Towns arguing is pointless. Australia is a Chav/Bogan country in its entirety.