Australian Bush Fires - RCO to blame … oops

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Post-Afghanistan, I hope the British Army will follow the Australian example. There are large swathes of the UK that would benefit from a conflagration. It's an excellent use of taxpayers money in my opinion.

M

Mark The Convict

So it's destroyed 180 sq.m of the dreariest scrub on Earth, plus a chunk of Outer Suburbia, ******* bonus. Maybe it's exposed some unmarked graves containing missing backpackers as well.

M

Mark The Convict

Apparently Milat is still in the frame for 3-4 other disappearances, which takes the heat off...heat, geddit arf arf.

Fire is part of the natural process of regeneration, all the Diggers have done is assist that.

I do recall running a range in Sennelager, back in 1897, when just before the road opened up to all and sundry there was a blind on a grenade, in the middle of a small burning bush. I can't remember all the details of timings etc, but the upshot of it was that the soak periods, time to put out fires, prepare PE4 etc meant that the road was due to open before I could destroy the blind.

Cue one flustered RCO and pamphlet 21 being binned for that particular event.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring….

Australia is literally on the other side of the world from where my home and family are.

It can all turn to ******* charcoal as far as I'm concerned.

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
The people of Queensland have a saying "one day its wonderfull, the next day its perfect" this should now be translated "one day its wonderfull,the next day its f***ing terrifying"......i lived in oz for a few years and knew people who lived in places like this and although it is truly a lovely place to live its not rocket science if you live in a wooden house ontop of a hill ONTOP of a natural bonfire you can expect trouble,especially if water is scarce and the local trumpton massive is ten miles away...

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
The last shoot of the last commission of my active career was an NGS run off Queensland. We illuminated with the first round (success!) to light up the scene for the spotter and in so doing set fire to the bush. I suppose somebody must have dealt with it but we were off to Auckland, Fiji, Pearl, San Diego .. the Cold War was tough like that.

Latest Threads