Australia pulls out of Zim cricket tour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, May 13, 2007.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It is good to see that Howard has had the guts to stand up to the money orientated ICC and said no go for the short tour that Australia cricket team was to do in Zimbabwe. I particularly this comment. Not pulling punches! 8O

Why couldn't have Blair and his croneys showed the same backbone when they sat back and left the England Team in turmoil? Their "nothing to do with me" approach to the last England tour still annoys me.

Whilst I do think in most instances, there should be a seperation of sport and politics, there are times where politics must get involved. Apartheid was one occasion I think it was correct for Government policy to dictate sporting interactions; Zimbabwe is another.

For the BBC link to story See here
  2. Well done to John Howard. Generally speaking I am against sport in politics, but I do draw the line with Zimbabwe. I mean, if a boycott of S Africa was in order during the Apartheid years was in order (and it was), there should be a similar situation with Mugabe, the negative Hitler. Just a shame that Bliar is Berty Big Bollox when it comes to hanging out of Bush's arrse but when it comes to show a bit of support for MFC he has the strength of a Graham Norton handshake.
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Only go if they are going to overthrow Mugabe, reckon 12 Aussies could manage that no problem!
  4. Just tell them that Mugabe has outlawed larger and BBQ’s, should get the team fired up!

On a more serious note, no sports team should play in Zim, not until Mugabe has gone and some sort of democracy is in place.
  5. My bold.

Spot on mate, but the big difference is we're white, he's black. And as we all know you can't criticise a black man, 'cause that would be racist.

Being from SA (especially after the cricket), I'm not a big fan of the Aussies but fair play to them and especially Howard. They've done the right thing.
  6. Well done the Aussies. Wish our pol's would grow a set.

Rohdesia - I refuse to call it Zimbabwae - is like 99% of the rest of Africa: better off when the white man was running it.
  7. Well done the Aussie government, a lot more balls that liebour. "musn't be seen to criticise our formal colonial African, previously oppressed by us, nations"
  8. Quite right of Howard.

The only visitors Mugabe deserves to receive are big rough men in boots who break things and kill murderous canutes like him.

God bless Africa!
    Guide her Rulers,
    Guard her Peoples,
    Give her Peace.
  9. The day B*liar stands up against a corrupt thug like Mugabe will never come.B*liar and his trendy communist Islington set will be quietly encouraging thugs like Mugabe.

Back in early 2000,B*liar personally intervened to approve the supply of BAe Hawk spares against advice comcerning the use these airplanes could be put to,and whether BAe would ever see payment for them.

Eventually the deal was scrapped,but romour has it Mugabe received his spares through Kenya(another Hawk user).

To describe B*liar as two faced is the understatement of the year.

Now if a white regime was oppressing blacks,seizing their farms,killing people,etc,the armed forces would have been sent in long ago.,and the communist Islington set would be demostrating in London every Saturday until the regime was toppled.