Australia: if the beer doesn't get you, the wildlife will.

Are the Man-Eating Koalas the same as Drop Bears (not on the map) or are they another fresh hell species?

drop_bear.jpg
Different name for the same vicious creature. Remember; look up, stay alive!

So it's look down for cane toads, bastard spiders (assorted), bastard snakes (ditto) at the same time as look up for killer bears?

Good to know and thanks for the clarification.

And don't forget, drop bears have teeth at both ends.

Last edited:

endure

GCM
So it's look down for cane toads, bastard spiders (assorted), bastard snakes (ditto) at the same time as look up for killer bears?

Good to know and thanks for the clarification.

Don't forget to take a rolled up newspaper to the dunny to deal with the funnelwebs and redbacks...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Roos and Wombats can both write off a car, as Roos can get up to six feet tall hitting on of them at speed will smash in the front of the car and in some cases, especially low vehicles, end up in the front seat with you. Wombats are solid and can crack an axle or smash a sump when hit.

White tail spiders will cause your skin to die, red tail spiders will give you intense pain, and huntsmen spiders give you a heart attack when they suddenly appear in front of you....

The only thing that won't kill you are some of the sheep.....

Same problem up here with the stags, so far in the last 10 years have had 3 collisions with stags, each time they're hobbled away on their three remaining unbroken legs.
Each time I've had to explain to the transport manager what the new alteration to the crown car is!

'It was a Queensland family fishing trip. But it soon turned into drama. They were warily watching a croc on the bank of the river … then a bull shark leapt at them and into their tinny.'

Between a croc and a sharp place

Same problem up here with the stags, so far in the last 10 years have had 3 collisions with stags, each time they're hobbled away on their three remaining unbroken legs.
Each time I've had to explain to the transport manager what the new alteration to the crown car is!
A couple of months ago up in New England we hit three roos in the space of 40km. The first two got masked by the bars. The third, a big **** off red, ended up under the front left wheel and we ended up bouncing off it and breaking the suspension. Of a Hilux.

Stags are a problem in Scotland but nothing like on the scale of roos in country New South Wales. There’s thousands of the ******* especially with the recent droughts. There’s plenty of farmers farming weeds and roos.

Having said that, driving up the Hunter Valley Expressway this morning there was a dead bull on the central reservation, on its back stiff with its legs in the air. Probably hit by a B double road train; a car would have been wiped.

However the UK, I've heard, is home to a species of two-legged vermin known as Chavs and Chavettes. These don't have fangs but some of them at least have knives. I'd rather our wildlife any day.

Cough!

'A teenage boy has been charged after he allegedly chased a man through a Westfield carpark before raping him at knifepoint. NSW Police allege the 16-year-old boy sexually assaulted the man in the car park of Mt Druitt’s Westfield this morning.'

Teen allegedly rapes man outside Westfield

PFGEN

GCM
Roos and Wombats can both write off a car, as Roos can get up to six feet tall hitting on of them at speed will smash in the front of the car and in some cases, especially low vehicles, end up in the front seat with you. Wombats are solid and can crack an axle or smash a sump when hit.

White tail spiders will cause your skin to die, red tail spiders will give you intense pain, and huntsmen spiders give you a heart attack when they suddenly appear in front of you....

You were saying......

bMainImage-807.jpg

Two of our professional snake handlers at work:

and

The second clip goes into some detail about the mating habits of Eastern Brown Snakes. And that is the other time they are especially dangerous, but that too is understandable, humans don't like being interrupted at certain moments, either.

Yep I reckon they maybe could write off a car!!!:D:D:D:D

firing.jpg

Yep I reckon they maybe could write off a car!!!:D:D:D:D

View attachment 357344
That thing has a back blast to equal my curry farts.

And yet lot of poms want to emigrate there... ;)

Australia is home to the two most venomous snakes in the world, in ascending order the Eastern Brown and the Fierce, or Small Scaled Snake. But these will mostly only bite you if you step on them; it's a matter of looking where you are going. How would you like it if I stepped on you?

I have had a couple of encounters with Eastern Browns and one possible encounter with a Small Scaled Snake, all of which were closer encounters than I would have liked, but, touch wood, I have never been bitten. I don't handle snakes for a living; these encounters were just part of living and working out here.

However the UK, I've heard, is home to a species of two-legged vermin known as Chavs and Chavettes. These don't have fangs but some of them at least have knives. I'd rather our wildlife any day.

As for the Cane Toad, as this page, Invasion of the Cane Toad will show, they were part of what seemed a good idea at the time, but which turned out to be an ecological disaster. It's not the first time such things have happened, and it unfortunately probably won't be the last, but, as other topics on that site will show, they are trying very hard to do something about it.
Dunno about the flora and fauna, but the natives are certainly very bitey :)

Two of our professional snake handlers at work:

and

The second clip goes into some detail about the mating habits of Eastern Brown Snakes. And that is the other time they are especially dangerous, but that too is understandable, humans don't like being interrupted at certain moments, either.
I think the only way I`d handle them is with a .410