Austrailian & New Zealand Army

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by plw1970, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have heard a lot about lately about squaddies joining the Austrailian or New Zealand Army. Everyone seems to know someone that is in the process or has actually got in. Has anyone heard of anyone joining the American Army?

2. Look in the multinational Hq, I think there's something about it in there.

3. I once requestion some joining information from the spetics for my mate, as we were both seving I thought this was funny. They sent a very nice letter telling him that he would first need to leave the British Army and as he was a non-resident then they could not send him the application paper work, but if he was on Holiday over there then he could call into a local recuitment office and they would be able to help him futher.

4. Just seen this on the NZ overseas recuitment bit, funny lot arn't they :D

NZDF

5. Unless you're American or the close relative of an American, you're shit out of luck. I know, because I've done it.

You could always try and get one of the green cards set aside for the gifted. Won any Nobel Prizes recently?
    Oh, that's right, they're all won by Americans 8O

6. ANZACs don't seem to have any problems joining the British Army, Commonwealth Citizens and all that. Would imagine they operate along similar lines in Oz

Unless you are living in America, you won't have a chance of getting in their Army (Why on earth would you want too??)

7. http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=9255

Sounds like it should be possible, don't you think?

8. That's once you're in the military. But you as a foreigner can only get in the US military as a green card holder. The only ways to get a green card are through family or work - and the latter takes years for all but the most sought-after people. Marry a Septic. Has to the opposite sex, though - they don't allow the other stuff for visa purposes.