Austrailia says NO

#1
Pulled a copy of this post from e-goat - it's logical, polite, firm & it makes sense - now can you imagine Tony & Co saying the same??

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some Radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular State and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country that has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on national television. "Immigrants, not Australians must adapt. Take it or leave it. I am tired of This Nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our Country, and apparently some who were born here, need to understand.

The idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese or Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you want to become part of our Society... learn the language.

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. If the Southern Cross offends you or you don´t like a "Fair Go" then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change and we really don´t care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian Freedom: THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you are not happy here then LEAVE. We didn´t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. "I´d be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law. That is false. If you can´t agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that´s a better option" Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said Those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who do not want to accept local values should "clear off".

"Basically, people who don´t want to be Australians and they don´t want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off" he said. Separately Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation´s mosques.



Comments anyone?
 
#3
Tony, take a hint and adopt the same attitude. If they don't like it in the UK then sod off back to the mire in the ground that they came from to cause trouble here. :x

Well done Oz :D


fastmedic
 
#4
You get arrested for Incitement in UK for saying such obvious truths! Good on the Aussies, nice to see our cousins have more balls than those Cnuts in Westminster!
 
#5
I agree with everything they say, although I do find it funny coming from a country that still has a lot of ground to make up with regards the real Aussy i.e. the Abo
 
#6
Well said Oz. Its time Blair took note. I am sick and tired of being told what i can and can't say and do in my own country by some tree hugging PC brigade for fear of landing up in court. Kick the bloody lot of them out and the tree huggers with them!
 
#7
I like Australians, straightforward, normally honest people.

This is what I'd expect from a country that had as a drink-drive campaign "If you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot!", and a crime initiative called "Dobb in a mate!"

As a depressed ex-Labour voter I really cannot see phony tony or the next fatherless being as clear thinking.
 
#9
That it, I'm moving to Australia.
 
#10
timebandit said:
At last a straight talking politician who actually tells it like it should be told......The truth!!!
I actually like Howard a lot but I'm under no illusions that he will lie with the best of them when necessary. His strength though is in the fact that underlying all the politics he has Australias best interest at heart. It may be his view of Australias best interest but at three successive elections the majority of Aussies have agreed with him.
 
#11
Spot on Aussies!

I make a distinction between a multiracial society and a multicultural one. A multiracial society is fine, I don’t care what colour someone’s skin is. A multicultural society, on the other hand, is a serious mistake.

Different countries should have different cultures, the British culture should be different to that of China or India or Latin America, that’s what makes the world an interesting place. I’ll go and visit countries with different cultures, and I’ll accept that they’re as valid as mine – in their own place. I don’t want to see those alien cultures in the UK.

When foreign immigrants come to live here, they should embrace our culture, we don’t have to embrace theirs. I’ve no problem with them worshiping their own gods or speaking their native language at home, but when they are interacting with British society, they should do things the British way, accept the rule of British law and speak English while they do it. If they’re not prepared to do that, they should stay in their own countries, or if they’re already here go back where they came from.

Multiracial but monocultural – that’s the model for a stable society.
 
#13
toally agree with the above statement. Its about time that the UK adopted a policy along similar lines. Why should anyone in there own country, have too appease immigrants and radicals. With a spineless and morally corupt government its no wonder the BNP are gaining ground up north.
Well thats my ten oence worth
 
#14
From media reports in Plymouth:

Plymouth City Council is providing a safe haven for 10 asylum-seeking teenagers who arrived in the country with no parents or adults to look after them.

The unaccompanied youngsters, aged 16 to 18, are apparently from a number of countries including Iraq, Iran, Syria and Algeria. They all claim to be escaping “persecution” and are now in the care of Plymouth City Council’s Social Services department.

Under the provisions of the Children Act (1989), under-18s who enter the country and claim asylum are automatically taken into care by the designated local authority. Procedures then require that the local authority’s social services department place them with foster families while their applications for “asylum” are being processed.

This procedure is confirmed by a spokesperson for Plymouth City Council: ”If an unaccompanied child or young person under the age of 18 arrives in Plymouth and wishes to apply for asylum, Plymouth City Council's Children's Services Department becomes responsible for that child and provides the relevant services to them.”


A disabled man was found starved to death and covered in sores and animal bites in a 'squalid' Plymouth flat, an inquest has heard. Aaron Parish, aged 35, was six feet tall but weighed just six stone when he was found dead in his flat.

Plymouth City’s coroner concluded that Mr Parish had died from bronchial pneumonia due to starvation and neglect, with an old head injury being a contributory factor. It has further emerged that the coroner was so concerned that he requested the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to investigate the case on no less than three occasions - but the CPS decided not to take any action.

The inquest also heard that two police officers had called on Mr Parish some four months before his death and were so worried about his welfare that they contacted Plymouth City Council’s Social Services department – but the telephone call was “not noted” .

It is further reported that Mr Parish’s emaciated body had numerous bed sores and two injuries believed to be animal bites – these are believed to have been caused after his death – from either rats or by Mr Parish's pet parrot.
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#15
Chinggis said:
I make a distinction between a multiracial society and a multicultural one. A multiracial society is fine, I don’t care what colour someone’s skin is. A multicultural society, on the other hand, is a serious mistake....

Multiracial but monocultural – that’s the model for a stable society.
Excellent words but - and this is where I risk straying into 'dangerous' territory - the problem is limited almost entirely to one particular group - certain Muslims. They hold that their religion will not allow integration of the sort allowed by others (and of course by many, probably most Muslims). Islam is a way of life, not 'just' a religion. The Christian doctrine of 'Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s’ is anathema to them, and they simply will not integrate as others have in the past.

Most of the UK is made up of immigrants – before the USA came along we were probably the most varied national mix of people anywhere. Huguenots, Jews, Irish, Chinese, Cypriots, Ugandan Asians, to name a few all have integrated well. Why don’t others want to? My view is that they probably do, but those who are against it are being supported by a liberal bunch of self-loathing *******, paid for by the public purse.
 
#16
shiny_arse said:
Pulled a copy of this post from e-goat - it's logical, polite, firm & it makes sense - now can you imagine Tony & Co saying the same??

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some Radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular State and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country that has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on national television. "Immigrants, not Australians must adapt. Take it or leave it. I am tired of This Nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our Country, and apparently some who were born here, need to understand.

The idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese or Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you want to become part of our Society... learn the language.

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. If the Southern Cross offends you or you don´t like a "Fair Go" then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change and we really don´t care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian Freedom: THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you are not happy here then LEAVE. We didn´t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. "I´d be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law. That is false. If you can´t agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that´s a better option" Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said Those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who do not want to accept local values should "clear off".

"Basically, people who don´t want to be Australians and they don´t want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off" he said. Separately Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation´s mosques.



Comments anyone?

a valid point, its not about economic migrants its about conversion fair and square , if they want to live in a country with sharia law , no problem go back to the country they came from, you dont like the way we live 'fine' go home and do what the f**k ya want :D and we will throw another walls sausage on the BBQ grab a beer and have a laugh with our family & m8's who enjoy our way of life 'its called' FREEDOM :D
 
#19
What a breath of fresh air. It makes perfect sense to me. Why oh why can't Bliar and Co be as blunt. I would have some respect for them if they would actualy be blunt and plain speaking for once.
 
#20
drain_sniffer said:
I agree with everything they say, although I do find it funny coming from a country that still has a lot of ground to make up with regards the real Aussy i.e. the Abo


Oh do give the political correctness a rest - just what do "we" owe these "real" Australians? not that my generation or at least the three or four previous ones are guilty of anything more than stuffing the aboriginals pockets with taxpayer funded handouts, turning a blind eye to racist assaults on our children and elderly - putting free roofs over their heads - allowing their men folk to beat their wives and rape their children - get informed pal.
Urban aborigines (which the bulk of them now are rather than the 'noble custodians of our ancient land' of popular mythology) have done extremely well from the white man, their culture as it is has no monopoly on having been tested by invasion/colonisation etc - which culture hasn't at some point? Not all cultures subjected to that survived, some adapted and bounced back, but history is replete with examples of unique cultures forever silenced. - Ironically ( if unsurprisingly) the survival of aboriginal australia, even in its attenuated if vocal form owes much more to the effort & sufference of oz's white population - than any inherent strength, adapability or sophistication. Wether or not they elect to take advantage of them, aboriginals in this country (in the cities at least) have access to the same rights, services and opportunities as any other citizen - black white or brindle & I am happy to report that while the sentiments you advanced in your post were 'de riguer' in the 90s with all sorts of people falling over themselves to say how rotten aussies had been in general and how rancid white men were in particular - these days many more people rightly reject this 'guilt industry' drivel and when fed it - perhaps don't digest it so uncritically as when it was fashionable, as with most propagnda, it loses it punch as it fails to reflect what people see.
Also perhaps we have bigger fish to fry these days than non issues?
 

Similar threads


New Posts

Top