Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Madbob, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to find out details on a flying accident which happened on the 31st March 1965 involving an Auster AOP9 Serial No. XP253.

It flew into wires about 5 miles south of Middle Wallop and the three crew were all killed. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. One of the crew I think was a retired RAF Squadron Leader who was then a civilian flying instructor under contract to the MOD.

I've tried National Archives but have drawn a blank.

Many thanks.

2. XP 253 flew into HT cables at Haylers Wood Broughton Hants 02/03/65 all three onboard killed Written of on 31/3/65
  3. Did you just google that or do you actually have anything useful yourself? There isn't an event between 65 and 75 that involves helicopters or Northern Ireland that you've not implied knowledge on.
  4. Not quite true, WWW, Military air crashes, is a bookmarked site on my computer as I am as ex Army aircrew interested in the crashes in my area, and have in the past visited most of the sites, I have been interested in this ever since we discovered a few crash sites in the Londonderry, Ballykelly area in 1970 including the Fairy Barracuda that is now in the Fleet Air Arm Museum
  5. Doesn't stop you from being the dullest, billy-two-shedding, out-black-catting dribbling old fool on the internet.
  6. And like I give a shite,

7. You didn't appear to finish that sentence? Did your keyboard just give up the ghost through boredom half way through?
  8. Go for a walk through your tail rotor
  9. Charming I'm sure.
  10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Don't you do that on the walkround prior to starting it anyway? ;) :D
  11. Dunno. Best you ask tropper, the A1 QHI/QFI/TP......
  12. He may be the (allow me to quote you here) dullest, billy-two-shedding, out-black-catting dribbling old fool on the internet, but he wasn't good enough to be a pilot. I think he suffers from low self esteem.
  13. If you are quoting somewhere or something else, it would be decent to give the reference - unless you want it to appear to be your own.
  14. Is TNA blank because there isn't anything, or becuase it hasn't been released? You could try a FOI request,