Aussies Recruiting Again

For any folks thinking about following in mine and the footsteps of others down under (and I know there are a few of you because I was suddenly popular towards the end of my career once my intent to move down under was revealed) you should be aware that the ADF are recruiting again. You need to be quick though as applications close on 11 Nov - details here:

Recruitment Centre | Defence Jobs

Too old, plus what used to be pre-requisite for entry to Australia now appears to be a bar to it.

It's the didn't get caught bit that has me truely scuppered, nearly stopped me getting a tourist visa.

Back to being sensible again ... strange after being on the lash all arvo ... had a yarn with the Razzer of 1 Int Bn which is like the UK equivalent - the best - AUSTINT has spaces for 8.

Fcuk me ... no takers? You do know you're going to get shafted pension-wise in a couple of years don't you and that I banked the equivalent of not that far short of my gratuity for a 2 and a half month tour ... and got another 3 gongs for it?

Is that right on the webiste i looked at the pay scales and according to the currency calculator a full screw transport driver is £40,000 a year?

Feck me whats the ******* choice............sit in the UK and freeze your balls off, monthly high fuel bills, piss poor pensions, bullshitting politicos, wog immigrants like no ones business OR go work in the funshine for the rest of your natural.

Yeah ok, so half of them are related to sheep stealing cut purses and highwaymen but I think they've mellowed a bit with time and I hear they even have electricity and running water nowadays. If I could have gone to Oz I would have, but I had to settle for septicland for the foreseeable.

If I was one of you in a position to consider the chance I would give it some serious thought.

Feck me whats the ******* choice............sit in the UK and freeze your balls off, monthly high fuel bills, piss poor pensions, bullshitting politicos, wog immigrants like no ones business OR go work in the funshine for the rest of your natural.

Yeah ok, so half of them are related to sheep stealing cut purses and highwaymen but I think they've mellowed a bit with time and I hear they even have electricity and running water nowadays. If I could have gone to Oz I would have, but I had to settle for septicland for the foreseeable.

If I was one of you in a position to consider the chance I would give it some serious thought.
Ditto as far as settling in Septicland (mid '80s) - I've been wishing I had gone to Oz or NZ ever since. Too old and knackered now ...

Some of us made the sensible choice and settled in County Down.

Yeah, ok.
Aye - and secured theirselves a nice wee plot fornenst the Lodge and convenient to the chapel and all for £10,000, right?