Aussie troops in dodgy photo scandal

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Sep 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

AUSTRALIAN soldiers in Iraq have been captured on a series of videos fooling around with loaded weapons and fraternising with Iraqis inside their barracks.
    An embarrassed and angry Australian Defence Force has been forced to investigate the clips, believed to be part of a "funniest home video" competition conducted among troops stationed in Baghdad.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20429132-661,00.html

msr

2. On an associated theme, does anyone have a photo of the ma-husive "SHOW US YOUR T1TS" placard held out of the cargo door of a Huey doing a flyby of the Australian Grand Prix a few years back?

Any gen relating to the subsequent "career opportunities" presented to the crew would be most welcome also. ;)

3. Sounds like just the usual stuff.

It probably wasn't too clever putting it on youtube though!

The Hitler t-shirt mentioned on the same page is worth a look, first time I've seen that one.

4. WOW, It puts the Yanks and Brits to shame. Imagine if it had been the Dutch or Danish, woudn't that cause a stink.

CTC

5. Holy crap. I didn't believe it at first, but I know the guy who posted it. I'm gonna have to contact him and make sure he's ok. :(

edit: People have already gone to his youtube account to leave comments supporting him. If anyone wants to do the same, it is here http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=pomstar

6. Poor Bugger's Hosed.

7. And what the feck are they doing insulting them for "fraternising" with Iraqis. I saw the video, and they were sharing a meal with an Iraqi family. It's not "fraternising", it's called "hearts and minds". This is such an insult it's unbelievable.

8. Here you go,

[​IMG]