Aussie Road Saftey Film - WARNING Not for the faint hearted

That's an awesome ad!

Why can't we have ad's like that in this country, just goes to show how much better Australia is.

F

fozzy

LordVonHarley said:
That's an awesome ad!

Why can't we have ad's like that in this country, just goes to show how much better Australia is.
My thoughts exactly. No punches pulled.

Deserves a very wide audience

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
They have a great system called the booze bus - think mobile VCP - for breathalysing every car going past.

Good way to spend all that money from those double flashing lights in the rear mirror when I'm late.

A lot of effort went into that and it is awesome, no other words.

We cannot have ads like that in the UK because people would not be able to cope with it without complaining about the content- 'it is too graphic' etc. B*ll*x.

Great no nonsense Aussie view of doing things, we wouldn't show anything like that here in Blighty, might shock people and then complaints would roll.

It is a great ad but it has no effect on drivers out here,I live in a little queensland country town called Oakey ,population about 7 , but we have had 19 alcohol related accidents here this month , one with 2 deaths, and it will get worse over xmas and new year

Actually it is a composite ad with bits drawn from all the ads they put out over the years.

IMO the original ads were more effective as they dwelt longer on the reason for the crash, the crash itself and the impact of the crash on the victims and relatives. This one just kept jumping to the next scene too quickly.

Nignoy said:
It is a great ad but it has no effect on drivers out here,I live in a little queensland country town called Oakey ,population about 7 , but we have had 19 alcohol related accidents here this month , one with 2 deaths, and it will get worse over xmas and new year
Same here on the west coast Nignoy.

People seem to forget the ad as soon as they get behind the wheel with 10 middys of 4X inside them. Even the crosses on the side of the road don't appear to work!

i like the dudes comment half way down - Samolsking

'that, kids, is why women shouldn't drive.

In all seriousness though, I would probably shag all 3 of them, especially after the crash.'

For someone who's uncle was cut in half by a drink driver i know the effects it has on a family, however, albeit one of the most stupid i believe it's not the worse thing as humans we do..

cruelty to kids, that's another issue...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr The Intelligence Cell 20
biscuits Royal Signals 8
Englishspringer REME 1