Aussie Road Saftey Film - WARNING Not for the faint hearted

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by fozzy, Dec 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's an awesome ad!

Why can't we have ad's like that in this country, just goes to show how much better Australia is.
  2. My thoughts exactly. No punches pulled.

Deserves a very wide audience
  3. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

They have a great system called the booze bus - think mobile VCP - for breathalysing every car going past.

Good way to spend all that money from those double flashing lights in the rear mirror when I'm late.
  4. That is one shocking and relevant advertisement.
    Prime time advert.It should be on British tv
  5. A lot of effort went into that and it is awesome, no other words.

We cannot have ads like that in the UK because people would not be able to cope with it without complaining about the content- 'it is too graphic' etc. B*ll*x.
  6. Don't drink and drive!
  7. Great no nonsense Aussie view of doing things, we wouldn't show anything like that here in Blighty, might shock people and then complaints would roll.
  8. People need to see the grusome effects of drink driving.
  9. It is a great ad but it has no effect on drivers out here,I live in a little queensland country town called Oakey ,population about 7 , but we have had 19 alcohol related accidents here this month , one with 2 deaths, and it will get worse over xmas and new year
  10. Or my personal favourite, the adverts done by Mark “chopper” Read, won a Gold Lion (advertising Oscar) at Cannes, but got banned from TV for being too disturbing... Nice.... :twisted:
  11. It might cause offence...