Aussie Journo gaoled in Egypt

Yairs, a pretty rum turn of events. This is what comes of expecting the rulers of a turbulent sh*thole to conduct themselves like a principled and dispassionate rule-of-law type government. I hope the international protests (not necessarily on Arrse) from the US, UN, EU, and Australia cause as humiliating a backdown as possible.

Fecking rabble.

alib

LE
I can just see what's flashing across Strain reptile brains. This is crook, that nick has no bloody swimming pool and it's full of Lebs.

Tell you what's crook. Seven years banged up in a 'Midnight Express' style hellhole for doing his job. Every visa condition observed and permit secured, but the ruling clique doesn't want actual happenings in their country broadcast, so in they go. Seven years is almost twice as long as Terry Waite, Brian Keenan or John McCarthy were squirrelled away, and on no more convincing grounds of culpability.

White, non-muslim Journalist goes to chaotic third world country with a history of violence and corruption...oh, and they are muslim as well...and gets jailed...

No doubt he "was just doing his job"...I'll bet stacking shelves in a supermarket looks a lot more attractive at the moment.

PS
6a00d83451cd8169e20167666aad3e970b-pi

Rodney2q

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Tell you what's crook. Seven years banged up in a 'Midnight Express' style hellhole for doing his job. Every visa condition observed and permit secured, but the ruling clique doesn't want actual happenings in their country broadcast, so in they go. Seven years is almost twice as long as Terry Waite, Brian Keenan or John McCarthy were squirrelled away, and on no more convincing grounds of culpability.

The Egyptian armed forces stepped in to stop Egypt becoming another sectarian disaster which, given the goings on west and north of them, is fair enough.

The Aussie can expect to be free fairly shortly if the liberal left don't insist on pulling their usual trick of turning this into a virility test for the authorities.

Latest Threads