Aussie General - best put down to the media

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Scabbers, Jan 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has just got to be the best put down ever:

THE BEST COMEBACK LINE EVER? Australian General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

Attached Files:

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The old ones are the best.
  3. Next you'll be telling us the one about the USN Carrier Captain telling the Omani lighthouse keeper to give way and passing it off as a new and true story!
  4. Wow. What happened there, White City?
  5. The first time I saw this story, it was a US Marine general.
  6. But what happened with the USN Carrier Captain and the Omani lighthouse?
  7. This is a hoax - Cosgrove (now retired) has more class than to make a remark like that.
  8. I think this is the film based on the true story that you are after:

Clicky Clicky

9. Very good - Jimima Shark - Hee Hee :D