Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auntie Beeb doesn’t like poppy’s

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
There are guidelines at the BBC. I say again guidelines.
It's up to the talent at the end of the day.

However it's a bit early.
My bold - if that's what they are called by everyone in your profession I think that's part of the problem.

Ritch

LE
I was waiting for Poppy to show up. You were going to get a prompt if you hadn't brought her along by the time I got to the last post.

Beautiful furry ears.

Unfortunately the old girl has been slowing down a lot over the past couple of weeks. Her back end isn't looking too clever. She's quite old for a GSD so any further time we get with her is a blessing.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Not again! We've covered this.
Perhaps - it doesn't stop it being a ridiculous industry that helps promote vacuous 'celebrity' culture.

I think one day you should say 'I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore' and hurl your camera at whatever mindless sleb is in front of you.

That, I'd pay my licence fee for.

PS. Let me know when you're going to do it so I can find the remote and switch the telly on.

Unfortunately the old girl has been slowing down a lot over the past couple of weeks. Her back end isn't looking too clever. She's quite old for a GSD so any further time we get with her is a blessing.

Mine slipped today while she was getting up to get a drink. She couldn’t stand up for about 5 minutes. Problem with her back leg.

She’s walking a bit now but I’ll find out later when she goes for her final piss.

She’s 12 so every day is a bonus...

Perhaps - it doesn't stop it being a ridiculous industry that helps promote vacuous 'celebrity' culture.

I think one day you should say 'I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore' and hurl your camera at whatever mindless sleb is in front of you.

That, I'd pay my licence fee for.

PS. Let me know when you're going to do it so I can find the remote and switch the telly on.

You won't get any argument from me on the culture. Luckily we're not as afflicted by the 'celebrity thing' in my sector. However, I've watched normal journos morph into 'personalities' and it's pretty nauseating to behold.

Generally once you've reached a certain level as a technical bloke you can cut through the BS.
I once spent a day filming with Nelson Mandela and we were all on first name terms at the end of the day.
He (a truly charismatic man) trumps any johnny-come-lately 'sleb' that I've had to put up with.

Case in point:
Rod Stewart interview in January. His 'people' and our producers are outdoing themselves massaging the bloke's bulging ego.

Bigeye: 'There's lot about your trainset in the papers today then...' (Rod is a model train enthusiast)
Sir Rod: 'It's not ******* train set - it's a ******* Model Railway'
Bigeye: 'What's the bloody difference?' Cue: tutting and head shaking by the producers.
Sir Rod: (looking at his people) 'fucks sake...'
He was fine at the end though.

Ritch

LE
Mine slipped today while she was getting up to get a drink. She couldn’t stand up for about 5 minutes. Problem with her back leg.

She’s walking a bit now but I’ll find out later when she goes for her final piss.

She’s 12 so every day is a bonus...

As you know, just treat them like a king/queen every day you can.

Is yours a GSD or another breed?

Sorry to hear that. Spoil her and make sure she gets plenty of love and green lipped mussel extract, chondroitin and glucosamine. Get your nose between her ears and smell her. You'll want to remember that.

You won't get any argument from me on the culture. Luckily we're not as afflicted by the 'celebrity thing' in my sector. However, I've watched normal journos morph into 'personalities' and it's pretty nauseating to behold.

Generally once you've reached a certain level as a technical bloke you can cut through the BS.
I once spent a day filming with Nelson Mandela and we were all on first name terms at the end of the day.
He (a truly charismatic man) trumps any johnny-come-lately 'sleb' that I've had to put up with.

Case in point:
Rod Stewart interview in January. His 'people' and our producers are outdoing themselves massaging the bloke's bulging ego.

Bigeye: 'There's lot about your trainset in the papers today then...' (Rod is a model train enthusiast)
Sir Rod: 'It's not ******* train set - it's a ******* Model Railway'
Bigeye: 'What's the bloody difference?' Cue: tutting and head shaking by the producers.
Sir Rod: (looking at his people) 'fucks sake...'
He was fine at the end though.

Had a Miss South Africa as a first jump student back in the day. Pig ugly and without the half gallon of slap looked nothing like what you imagine one of them should. Didn't know it at the time and when I asked about the squad of breathless acolytes hovering about her, told her to fuck off and pull the other one when she told me who she was.

Cue teary meltdown and tutting handlers, while one ran off to find a more sympathetic (read star struck) instructor to massage her ego.

Pik Botha on the other hand, was down to earth and easy to talk to while having a pint. Single cop CP sat out of the way and kept an eye on things. Can't get near the new lot without getting shoved around and trampled in the stampede of goons surrounding them.

Ritch

LE
Sorry to hear that. Spoil her and make sure she gets plenty of love and green lipped mussel extract, chondroitin and glucosamine. Get your nose between her ears and smell her. You'll want to remember that.
Already way ahead of you. She's been on Yumove Plus for a while which has the above in. It does its job pretty well.

There are guidelines at the BBC. I say again guidelines.
It's up to the talent at the end of the day.

However it's a bit early.

I always thought that poppies were worn from 01 -11 November. Poppy season is getting like Christmas, and starting earlier every year. Fiona Bruce was wearing one yesterday (and maybe earlier).

Latest Threads