Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auntie Beeb doesn’t like poppy’s

I was waiting for Poppy to show up.
She's so pleased to be on this thread.

images.jpeg

PS Can I get a black poppy to stand/kneel in solidarity with our bame brothers?

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
I get fed up with the pristine ones, why can't they wear a manky, dog eared & coffee stained one like the rest of us??

tiv

LE
Ohhh... I remember the wire stem ones - I used to twist it round the button on my school coat
My local Poppy seller had a few of these a couple of years ago, fabric flower and leaf and wire stem. None last year, he was only given the usual plastic ones.

Poppy.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She's so pleased to be on this thread.

View attachment 515996

There is a black bit in the middle supporting the whole poppy - get with the programme man, it's all there! ;)

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 515996

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
On 11th Nov this year, I plan to don my suit and medals and head to the local memorial for some quiet contemplation, since the Sunday service will not be the usual affair, gatherings etc.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Huuumf, (Rattles newspaper) damn right! I didn't die in world war 3 against the Martian hordes for someone to not wear a bit of paper and plastic on the telly...

One hasn't really been to war until one's fought the Martians.

On the poppy thing, I've always been in the live and let live camp, however, since the hopelessly woke are currently trying to force the rest of us to worship in the temples of their gods, I have no problem with fighting fire with fire, particularly if it gets right up their nose and disrupts their attempts to control the historical narrative.

When people stop insisting that I'm responsible for the slave trade and hitting me with BLM propaganda when I'm just trying to watch a bit of sport, I'll be happy to return to the view that how one remembers, or even whether one wants to remember at all, is entirely a matter for each individual.

October's a bit early to be outraged though.

Last edited:

Chef

LE
It's not proper remembering if you don't start wearing one towards the end of August.

I hope you're referring to August 2019. otherwise you're just another lightweight rememberer.

I'm all set for 2021, so there.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
What about Poppy's puppies?

@Poppy wasn't drunk enough to let me find out about them.

I did get to play with Charlie Dimmocks puppies in the pub once. Large, hairy and very smelly

(late 90's or early 2000's) her dad brought her newfoundlands in and every had to fuss them

NSP

LE
@Poppy wasn't drunk enough to let me find out about them.

I did get to play with Charlie Dimmocks puppies in the pub once. Large, hairy and very smelly

(late 90's or early 2000's) her dad brought her newfoundlands in and every had to fuss them
What is it with you and women with stinky mutts...???!!

Latest Threads